I will clear the air with honesty

Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted this on the AoCa board too-and I know not many of us always go to other boards so I thought I would share this here as this was HUGE for me today!

From the book of Daily affirmations for Adult Children of Alcoholics
Rokelle Lerner

I will clear the air with honest, open communication today. I will not deny my anger nor will I smile while inwardly seething. I will be honest about my feelings.

When I deny or repress my anger, I remain stuck within it, imprisoned. When I’m honest enough to express my anger, I discharge this emotion and begin to move beyond it.

In the past, much of my energy has been spent trying to repress the anger I feel and making me numb in the process. My fear of destroying relationships and alienating people has kept anger locked inside of me.

Today I acknowledge that relationships aren’t destroyed by honest expressions of anger. But relationships can die as a consequence of anger that is not expressed.
Anger unexpressed kills love, kills passion, and kills relationships. This day I will clear the air with honesty.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anger was one of my problems too. I was told that anger turned inward is depression. At one time I was diagnosed with Depression..anger driven. I never have been an angry person but now have learned to be assertive and even agressive if important to get my point across.

That quote fits the bill perfectly for anyone with anger that is hard to control.

kelsh