I'm Ok are You?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I'm Ok are You?

I havent posted in here for a while because I guess Ive made it somehow. Basically, I have got on with my life and only talk to my AS if she calls. I miss the sister I had but I have accepted totally now that this is the way it has to be for now. The future, who knows. She is still drinking herself silly and has another guy around but I figure so what now.
Its funny isnt it, that you can switch off, but occasionally the lightbulb comes on and you wonder how they are.
Im Ok, and I hope everyone here is OK too!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Justo I'm glad that you are doing ok! And I hope somewhere in that equation you are taking care of you so you can be more than ok!

I found with my brother who is at a very bad stage right now in his alcoholism and some of my family members have been not speaking to him because I feel they are not aware how to detach from his disease. However, I have had days where I have been able to speak to him thanks to Al-Anon I have set boundaries with him and stuck to them when I'm on the phone with him. Yesterday I was not ok with his obsessive calls and went to Al-Anon. Now today I'm ok!

You can detach with love from your sister and take care of you-that is the best thing right now. Let go and Let your HP take over for her now-

Glad that you are ok!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

justjo.....so good to hear from you. Glad you have been able to get on with living!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Yes Rella, some of my family dont talk to her anymore either because they do not know how to deal with it anymore. I'll talk to her but as soon as it gets heavy, time to go. I dont see her much anymore and its not because I dont want to, its because she wont answer the door, she's embarrassed.
I am OK, not brilliant as I deal with my drug addicted son too. He doesnt live with us anymore because I wont let him. Cant deal with this either. Anway Im working hard on me right now with no regrets.
Take care of yourself too.
Jo