Notices

Need to get back to a meeting

Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to get back to a meeting

I drank all weekend using "Labor Day Celebration" as my excuse and now I feel like crap again. I drank last night too and I am just tired of waking up feeling horrible. I know I should go to a meeting but I don't feel like being social nor driving into town.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I used to go to meetings because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now I can't wait to make one every night, it's like my home away from home, the Fellowship is my family. Nobody will force you to be social, there are days when I just need to listen for the message instead of sharing, and there were days in early sobriety when I had to force myself to drive to a meeting.

Hope you find the courage and strength to make a meeting.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you want to get sober, you need to do whatever it takes for you to get sober. There are always going to be reasons to drink, always. Recovery is about learning different and better ways to deal with life.

You can do this!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Person)))

Just went to my first one this morning, but I wasn't feeling like total crap thank God. Try hitting one tomorrow when you're feeling a bit better? Post here tonight until then!

I'm learning that even if I mess up, I need to come back to people who understand what I'm going through. Even if you can't (or don't want to) go out right now, you can still talk to "friends" who care.

Hoping to help...