Notices

What do you hope to be able to look back on & laugh at?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you hope to be able to look back on & laugh at?

I was thinking about this today when I was brought to tears over some financial problems. As upset as I got, I kept thinking that I hope one day to be able to look back on this situation (from a better place of course!) and laugh.

I also hope to be able to laugh one day at this teeny tiny apartment I am living in. The living room is so small I can't seem to find a couch that will fit. I have to walk, literally through a closet (that also doubles as a hallway) to get to the bedroom. The kitchen sink is the size of a bathroom sink and doesn't even have a disposal. The bathroom has no tub & a tiny shower stall where I bump my elbows every time I wash my hair. I get frustrated living here but I also realized today that I should count my blessings and be grateful that I have a safe roof over my head. - I still hope to laugh at it though someday when I am able to move to a larger place - hee hee.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Right now I can't think of a thing but I know in a year from now, the answer will come *LOL*

I remember my tiny place but I also remember it as "my" space and that made it feel so big.
Was half the cost of any other place at any size as well. A smaller place was costing another person dble the price and they had to share a kitchen and enterance way.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im giong to start keeping a jounal on all my great ideas then read them after the fog lifts if I;m still sober that should be quite funny.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my debt situation. Really think i'm going to have a good laugh about what an idiot i was that way when i've finally dug myself out.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

everything for the last five years.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes, EVERYTING!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Crazy situations I got myself into while drinking - I wouldn't share that stuff with anyone! But now I share at meetings or with another alcoholic and we can laugh about how insane we were!
I used to think it was a bit morbid, but not at all now - we are recovering, and don't need to live with that insanity today - a good laugh reminds me not to take myself or my perceived problems too seriously.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i just know i'll continue to be grateful. and humble.