Why me, God? What have I done to deserve this?

Old 07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Why me, God? What have I done to deserve this?

I need prayers, please, for my aunt, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer this past Monday. She initially entered the hospital complaining of pain in her back. Since then, the doctors have found cancer in her lungs, liver, and spine. There's very little the doctors can do for her at this point. The cancer is progressing very rapidly. Much too rapidly for chemotherapy or radiation to be of much use.

Her doctors' goal at this point is to control her pain as much as possible and move her to a rehab facility or into the care of hospice. Earlier in the week they were able to control her pain via a morphine pump but the pain has progressed to the point where it's no longer effective. She's in absolute agony.

I'm not asking for a miracle. I stopped believing in miracles a long time ago. But if you could keep her in your prayers and ask your Higher Powers to reduce her pain to a tolerable level, it would mean a great deal to me.

The past three years of my life have been met with one tragedy after another. I don't know how much more of this my family and I can take. Within the past three years, I've lost five family members: my grandmother on my mother's side, my father, my mother's brother, my boyfriend, and now soon I'll lose my mother's sister.

Richard hasn't even been buried yet, and now another loss looms on the horizon. I guess in addition to prayers for my aunt, I could use some prayers for myself. I just want this constant pain and loss that have been thrown my way to end. Is it too much to ask for a few years of smooth sailing?

I'm at the point where I want to throw my arms up towards heaven and ask, why me God? What have I done to deserve this?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

(((((formerdoormat))))))

Prayers going up for you all...
Old 07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((FD)))) I understand and am sending you much love. I hope they are able to keep your aunt comfortable and pain free. I am so sorry to hear you are going through yet another trial. It can seem so overwhelming.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((fd)))

i will be keeping you, your aunt, and the rest of your family in my prayers. my grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer that eventually spread to her bones, and it was very painful for me to watch her live with that much pain. when she did pass away, i knew in my heart it was the best for her, as she no longer had to live with such a terrible and physically painful disease. i understand what you're going through.

i wish only good things for you and your family.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You certainly have my prayers.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

****{FD}}}
I sure will keep you in my prayers and say some prayers for your aunt too. It's so hard when so many tragic things happen all at once... I hope you will be able to find some rest for your mind and peace for your spirit.
hugs,
cmc
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs (((((((((FD)))))))))
Old 07-01-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((FD)))) You have done nothing to deserve this. It is an unfortunate set of circumstances that so many of your loved ones have been called home in such a short period of time. I will offer prayers for you to be spared some of the emotional pain that you have endured with so many losses and that your aunt will be spared from the physical pain that is attacking her body. I don't understand it, but some families are beset by more tragedies than others. We love you and will be here to support you, FD.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

For one thing....You did not do anything to deserve this.

The thing is that you care and circumstances have shown you just how very much you care and how much you love....

Prayers going out for your Aunt's pain to be reduced and prayers that you can see your love for the miracle it really is.

If this were not so you would not be here asking for prayers. Just think of all the people who will reach out to their HP in prayer.... gosh to me that is a miracle! You have faith that prayers work that is a miracle too.

Who knows what one of us may discover in prayer for you. Each time I pray my HP touches me deeper than before and I am sure this is true for all who pray.

(((((((Jill)))))))) Thank you for asking me to pray today and for helping me to draw closer to my HP.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll be keeping you, your aunt and all of her loved ones in my prayers. Sorry so much sorrow has been in your life these past few years.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Jill, all I can say is that we all love you and we are all praying for you. I don't have an answer for why God overloads us sometime. I've had my share of overload. I do know that somehow I always seem to have just the right friends and just the right emotional "tools" to overcome the challenges of life.

My God doesn't put storms in my way. My God prepares me for the storms that are coming my way.

We're all here for you Jill. All the time. I'm praying for you and for your aunt. I know how frightening hospitals and illness can be.

Mike
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((Jill))))

Thinking of you.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am so sorry, due to my numerogly readings (I have been reading for 30 years or so) it appears that life goes in 7 year cycles, over the years I have begun to believe that.

And, I am also in my downturn cycle, I have 4 years to go.

Might all be hogwash, who knows...but I am looking for my next 7 to be great.

You and your aunt are in my prayers.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

oh fdt, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family!!!

healing prayers
Old 07-02-2007, 03:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((((jill)))))

we're all turning up the heat to over the limit on those prayers, sweety.

your faith has really been tested, but i know you are strong and wonderful and believe. i understand how overwhelming this can be.....you hang in there.

much love to you
jeri
Old 07-02-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

(((fd)))
Old 07-02-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
In my forest.

I am so very sorry. My prayers to you all.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((FD))))

Prayers going up for you, your aunt and your family.

Sometimes life makes no sense at all.

Big hugs to you.

~ghm
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and prayers, k
Old 07-02-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

FD prayers absolutely going out for you and your aunt.

Earlier in the week they were able to control her pain via a morphine pump but the pain has progressed to the point where it's no longer effective. She's in absolute agony.
Hospice. They can and will give her more than just a morphine drip. Because it is Palative Care they are able to administer more pain meds than a Dr would normally do. They will add Fentanyal patches or similiar until there is a blanket on the pain, so her last days are comfortable.

I am so sorry, due to my numerogly readings (I have been reading for 30 years or so) it appears that life goes in 7 year cycles, over the years I have begun to believe that.
Dolly I a firm believer in the 7 year cycle. I certainly have been able to document it in my own life and am just finishing up a down cycle.

FD know that we care, this may be the end of your 7 yr cycle and things should start looking up.

You do not have to wait for the burial to hold your own private little memorial service for Richard to give yourself some peace. Please remember, he is whole now, his alcoholism is gone, he is FREE and HAPPY. He has finally left the h*ll he lived in for so long.

All of us care for and about!!!!! Hang in there..................it will get better.

Love and lots of hugs,