Updates!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
turning red!

Updates!

Hi my dear friends,

I get a bit freaked out right now because yesterday i wrote a loooooonnnng thread to give an update of what have been going on during my 3 months of absence in SR and BAM my computer jamed and i lost my thread! (and temper!)
So i won't be long in case it does it again.

Anyway, i missed you guys and hope you are all doing as fine as possibly can.

I'm ok, i have been really busy with work & travelling, and during this time Rain has been up & down dealing with his addiction. I tried not to be too affected by it and actually did alright - always hoping he'll come up with "a plan" eventually, of course.
Eventually he did came up with "a plan" when i announced my older brother was getting married in a village in the South of France, where he lives. To my surprise, Rain said he wanted to attend AND stay behind for 3 months, to be away from HK and have time to think + try to get clean. He was actually very motivated, he even renewed his passport the next day and called my brother to ask him abouth his thoughts on this. Which is a BIG deal for him, especially it's a small village (and he is a city boy) and he doesn't speak a word of French.
My brother was ok to welcome him, as a friend of his has a small flat he can led to Rain in exchange of some design work.
Sooo, 3 weeks ago off we went. We visited a bit south of France and i introduced some family members he still hadn't met. Everyone seems to like him and support him. The wedding was very romantic & touching, a small cosy wedding.
The next day i left Rain there, as i had to go back to work. It's now been 3 weeks he is over there and he likes it. He keeps himself busy and enjoy the nature.
He is still taking methadon that the doctor prescribed him before he left, but he is slowly and regurlarly decreasing, He is now at 1 pill every 2 days, which is great. Hopefully doing so will not make him too sick when he'll run out of pills.
I don't know where all this will lead him and i have no guarantee that this will be the trigger that will help him stop for good but i know right now it's the right thing to do, for him & for me.
Sure 3 months without him will be long and i already miss him, but i totally support him & hopefully it's for the best.
Ok now i post my thread before my computers shuts again! (i don't even take time to re-read what i wrote, i hope it's not too unclear!!!!)

Lots of hugs to all,
Carine
Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Carine, Thanks for the update. You have been missed, girl. Sounds like life is keeping you busy. Prayers that it works this time for Rain, but either way you are one strong woman. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-20-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Corine, thanks for the update its been way to long. I will pray for Rain pray that his withdrawls wont be so painful and hard.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im so glad to hear you are okay, course I knew you would be, but its great to hear from you
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, Funkzter, I have missed you so much. And been worried, of course. Thats what we do. I am so glad things are okay for you. Maybe this will be Rains time. I hope so. Dont go away for so long next time. Please. ((((Corine))))
Old 06-20-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Well........IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!
Whew........now that that's out, I've missed you girlfriend.
You and rain have continued to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh funk.................so glad to hear from you!! we all missed you
Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Carine,
I missed you and glad you posted to let us know you are ok. Glad you and Rain enjoyed your time in the South of France, and that he came up with a plan himself. I hope this is the last time he and you have to go through this. Praying that both of you stay safe and strong.
Don't stay away so long next time.
Hugs,
Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Carine))))))))))Howdy! lol

We're still here. Have been waiting for an update from ya.
Now we can breathe. lol
Just kidding. Wow! You sound like your in a very good place,
and I don't mean the south of France, either. Even though that
too, sounds de-lish.
We missed ya around here. Tell Rain to "keep it simple" and that
we pray for you both regularly.
With much love,
Linda
Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ahhhh Carine, I feel better now...thanks for giving the update. I am glad that things are as well as can be and continue to keep you and Rain in my prayers. You are such a sweetie, sweetie! Hugs
Old 06-20-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((( CARINE )))))))))))) Yeah, so glad to hear from you. Whatz uppp? Whats happinin? What's shakin? So glad your doing well. Sounds like Rain is still plugging away at his recovery ... awesome. Brother getting married in the South of France ...beautiful. You living your life & trying not to be too affected by Rains addiction ...priceless !!!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:>) Oh carine it is so nice to hear from you. i have missed you very much. the wedding sounded so sweet. i'm very happy for you and Rain. it sounds like he is taking the first step.

i'm so glad that you are back.

love
Old 06-28-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

carine,
I haven't been on in a week or so and when I saw your thread I had to respond, When I first came on this site many months ago, I read most of your threads if not all and it gave me a sense of belonging since my son's DOC is the same as Rains, and they just seemed to be alike from what I read, so when I didn't see your name for awhile I did wonder anywho, I'm glad things are going well for the two of you.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((Carine))))

Just posted on your other thread with the pic...but will here again. Glad to hear Rain is taking baby steps. Glad you are back. We've missed you!!!!!!!!!!
NSW