Notices

don't know

Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

don't know

I thought i was ok, could go out have a drink and be ok...I'm not an alcohlic i can have control.
i went to the pub, drank 4 pints in 30 minutes and carried on drinking..drinking until closing time, got some cans to take home, drinking drinking, have started back on the painkillers and now I feel reall bad and low. I can't do this, i'm weak and tierd. i'm pathetic. i've had enough of fighting. I give in, i'm weak, pathetic and not worth the crap on the shoe. i can't fight..my mind shut down, i don't feel anything anymore.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just read this by someone else....Look at step one again only backward....your life is unmanagable....and you're are powerless....over alcohol and/ or drugs. I think it was Big Sis....so if you see this, would you come correct it for me...yours made so much sense.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my mother was right, I destroyed the family and I will always fail at everything, i'm a loser. I'm a dirty, filthy loser. life is unmanageable its worse, its not existing. I can't do this, I just want to curl up and bedone I want to be rested.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Are you willing to make them happy????Cuz i am not gonna make the f*** who hurt me all my life happy.I am 22 and i have a father who tells me i am gonna be a loser, do i believe him????NO. I don't give him the bennefit on having me shedding a tear, or feeling low...I know i aint no loser, and whoever tells me that, is going to speak alone, because only God can judge me..and you should start listening to yourself and believe more in you than in your mother...She might be your mother, and you will always love her, but if she can't love you, you don't need to hear another word...Lost it's your choice to let people get you down..Chiy told me that..only you can let them get you down....

If you give great advice to others, why not give yourself great advice..you are no less than nobody,love yourself first...that is the greatest love of all....
Old 06-19-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I'm sorry to hear that u felt so low u attempted suicide. I have been and still am where u are, I have been in hospital at least 5 times in the last year, but something keeps me alive..I was told, its not my time..and I don't believe its ur time either..the suicide attempt failed and has given u a second chance to beat the disease.

Advice i was given, and will share...if I'm feeling suicide, hold off for at 24 hours and try to reach out, look for something postiive - feelings of suicide don't just happen in a minute its normally over a period of time and there's always tomorrow if i'm feeling the same way, but each time I get to that 24 hour mark, revist myself..ask myself do I want to die, or do I want the feelings to stop? I keep going, every minute, every hour I try to find something to distract my thoughts...

u are worth it, u can beat it, but u can't do it alone...keep reaching out, go back to the hospital and ask to speak to an onsite physciatrist.

Sorry I've not helped, i just understand very much how ur feeling.

When you find yourself getting overwhelmed, go down your list and do each thing until you are able to go on. For instance, your list might include:
• Do some breathing exercises. Count to ten while breathing.
• Take a hot bath
• Call a crisis hotline (keep the number with you and by your phone)
• Eat your favourite food
• Watch a movie or TV
• Look through a magazine
• Write down your thoughts, how you could be helped, what you would like to change.
• Call friends or support (keep their numbers with you and by the phone)
• Go for a walk or do some exercise.
Your list should contain as many items that you can think of that help to calm you down, and may not be like the list above at all. The important thing is that it is useful to you.
Avoid using drugs and alcohol when you are feeling desperate or in a crisis
=
Although it is tempting to try to use them to try to numb painful feelings, they can make your emotions more volatile and affect your judgement. Using drugs or alcohol while you are in crisis will greatly increase your risk of hurting or killing yourself impulsively, even though you may not have fully decided to do that.
Give yourself today
=
The option of killing yourself isn’t going to go away. It is a choice you can make tomorrow or next week or next month, if you decide that’s still what you want. When you are feeling so bad that you want to kill yourself, the thought of just surviving the days ahead can seem exhausting, overwhelming, and unbearable. So try to focus on just getting through today, not the rest of your life. Your coping ability is greatly weakened right now. You may not be able to imagine getting through this—but your thoughts can play tricks on you when you are in a crisis.
So don’t try to handle thoughts of the future right now; just make a decision to get through today. Today may be painful, but you can decide to survive it and give some other options a chance, at least for a day.

Remember that however alone you feel, there are people who want to talk with you, who want to help.
Call a crisis line to talk with someone like that right now. The Samaritans are available to talk 24 hours a day. Calls are charged at a local rate and in emergency they may be able to call you back. They can be contacted on:
08457 90 90 90
You can also email them on: [email protected]
Some local Samaritans branches have places where you can drop in and talk to someone face to face. To contact a local Samaritans call the number above or look under Samaritans in the phone book. The Samaritans is a confidential service.
Some mental health services have local crisis lines. You can find out about these by phoning your community mental health team or by phoning a local GP’s surgery. You need not speak to a doctor as the receptionist may be able to help.
A GP should also be available to speak to you 24 hours a day. You should phone the number of your local surgery; however it may not be your GP or one from your surgery that you get to speak to.

Look familiar???
THAT IS WHAT YOU DO KNOW!!!
Quite impressive if you ask me.
I really dont know what else to say or what I can do for you.
You know you have it in you. I know you do...You have proven in your own words.
You need to quit lettiing people beat you down.
So what if you messed up. Big friggin deal. Try again tomorrow.
Keep trying till you get it right. Keep trying if you never get it right. But just keep trying and never give up.
F what anyone thinks or says. I dont care who they are.
You are a very unique person.
Dont waste that.
People like you are few and far between.
And that is a good thing.
And even tho you struggle alot.
I feel priveledged to have met you.
Even if it is just online.

And girl..you making me dig deep for more hugs. But I will dig them all up if you need them.
Attached Images
Old 06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lostchild you are not lost... A little misdirected maybe, but not lost.

2 Days ago I said the same thing. I am a loser and I feel dirty. I wanted to crawl up and die, took 2 many pills darnk too much, but that was the past and now I have today and the future.

That was only 2 days ago and today life aint perfect, but i feel Ok and I am sure as hell glad I didnt crawl up and die.

Keep in mind everything in life is temporary. That always keeps me going through the rough times.

It gets tiring and there are gonna be days you feel weak, but it is worth the fight.

Dont you give up!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
keep it simple

Originally Posted by lost_child View Post
my mother was right, I destroyed the family and I will always fail at everything, i'm a loser. .
LC don't pay attention to your mother.
It sounds like she is taking her own issues out on you. She is doing this because it makes her feel better in some twisted way.
You are better off distancing yourself from her if that's what she's like. Don't let negative ppl drag you down. Rise above it and ignore it and walk away.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am going to challenge you to start a new thread listing 5 things about yourself that you like and/or are good at.

I know you well enough, I could. But you need to.

Double dog dare you!