New

Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post New

Hi am a mom of 25 year old twins that are both have drug addiction's.The one twin is doing ok has been clean for 1 1/2 months now.But his twine sister is still using.She is in and out of jail.Has lost her kids.
She has been using for al most 5 years now she started with snorting coke smoking crack and now if it will go in a needel she will use it.She has been in hospital a few time for OD and just being sick.She lives on the street and works the stret.I am so scared one night i will get that phone call.You all know the one.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, welcome, my heart goes out to you, it must be very hard to handle this worry. The man in my life (now my ex) was/is big into crack.

There are lots of people on this site who have children and are dealing with situations like yours.

There are lots of people here who understand completely what you are going through and I'm sure there will be many messages here for you in the morning.

It really helps to know you are not alone in this and to have support from others in similar circumstances.

(((((hugs)))))

Lisarae
Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi, I am the mom of 2 addicted children, my daughter is clean, my son is not.

I remember the fear and the terror and the long, long nights. The best little thing I ever did was to take the phone off the hook at night. That way I could sleep knowing I would not get the call.... at least not during the night.

The second thing I did was attend a whole bunch of Alanon meetings. They saved my life and that is no exaggeration.

I wish you the best.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello....My 21 yr old daughter is the addict in my life you've came to the right place..There are lots of kind helpful people here that have been through all kinds of hell with their addicts.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R.i know your pain my son is my addict. my heart goes out to you,you have double pain & i know it hurts so much. i am glad your son is clean & hope he stays that way.addiction is a long hard battle & there is nothing we can do for our children.it is their choice to use or their chioce to get clean.i hate it.all of us mothers want to "fix" our children but we can't. please read all the stickys at the top of the forum.read all the post.we r here to walk beside you.our program is to learn to take care of ourself.we can pray for our addicts but we then have to turn them over to our H.P. my prayers are for your twins & for you.there is alot of information here & a lot of caring support. keep coming back & know we are here.prayers, hope
Old 06-10-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((beac))) Welcome. You have come to a good place. It is great to have people who truley get what your going through. I have gotten lots of helpful information and lots of love and support since I have been here. I have gotton through some real scarey times with everyone here by my side. I also think I have grown as a person, learing what I have no controll over. Learning to let go, with love. My 21 yr old daughter has been working on her recovery for a couple years now. At one point she had 6 months clean, then relapsed. She keeps trying, that's all I can hope for. She has relapsed a few times now, the last one ending when she started shooting up heroin and landed in the ER. She now has about a month and 1/2 clean. Will this be her time? I don't know, but I do know it is up to her, not me. Look forward to seeing you around here.

Last edited by helpus; 06-10-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Beac, you've come to a place where we all understand and will walk beside you. It's sad watching someone we love destroy themselves, but sadly there is nothing we can do except pray and encourage them when we can.

Take a read around and you'll see lots of moms here, and we know all about fear and that phone call we never want to receive.

What helped me was going to meetings and learning to work this wonderful program. At first I thought it would help me save my son, but learned that indeed it was all about healing myself, letting go of the fear and learning to live a happy, healthy life...regardless of how my son was doing.

Hope you find some peace here, and I know you'll find lots of support.

Hugs
Old 06-10-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Hi. I'm Linda and have been a member of sr since October 2005.
My 25 yo son is the addict in my life.
You've come to such a wonderful place here for support.
I've come to care about these people like family and I hope you will too.

I can't imagine the pain and heartache of loving 2 addicts at the same time.
Especially both of them being my children. I am so sorry for what you've gone through.
I found out my son was shooting heroin when he was 19. In a matter of seconds, my world came crashing down around me and I began the journey of saving him.
Yep! Fixing his addiction. Repairing his faults. Patching up his troubles. Overhauling, who he was. Guess what? It can't be done. lol
So, I attempted to find him help online. Somehow, I wound up here and my life has changed dramatically. I've changed. My way of thinking has changed. That's when
I realized I had gotten just as sick as my son. I found out that I was codependent.
I've read so much literature, visited here daily, prayed to my God, and finally was able to let go.
Step 1. We admit we are powerless over others-that our lives had become unmanageable.
This is your beginning, Bea.
Keep coming back for support, prayers, feedback, or just a hug from someone who knows what it's like.
Hugs from one mom to another,
Linda
Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, I'm so sorry for the fear and pain you are feeling. We've all been there...it's so difficult to watch your children go through this. I too found coming here and lots of Naranon meetings to be life saving
Old 06-10-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome. The addict in my life is my 22 year old son. He has just gotten out of rehab and has been clean for exactly one month. I'm hopeful but at the same time scared that the nightmare of addiction will never end. I can't even imagine if I had to go through this with 2 children, but their are others here that are dealing with 2 addicted children. I feel your pain, and you have definitely come to the right place. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this outlet. Read all of the stickies and keep posting. My prayers are with you and your children.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm the mom of an addicted daughter, 23. I have foudn more hope and wise counsel here than I ever thought possible. Read through some of the old posts, you'll see who are! The only thing that really helped me, other than SR and private counseling was Letting GO and Letting God. I found a peace I didn't know possible. Yes, I still have bad days and go berserk on here, but all in all I am doing much better.
My prayers are with you. As someone told me on my first post and I finally believe it--you didn't cause it, can't control it and can't cure it. They have to want help for theirself.
susan
Old 06-10-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((Beac1960)))
Welcome to SR!!! Sorry you have to find yourself here. Another mom of an addict here. My only child, the light of my life is 30. One year ago I discovered she was shooting oxy!! Same as heroin really! Since that time, she lost her son (I am raising him), lost her career (she was a registered nurse), lost her car, lost her apt, and now sleeps in homeless shelters and hooks for the money to shoot up.

When I first discovered she was an addict, she had lost so much weight, she probably weighed 90 lbs, and I thought death was imminent. Well, it's a year later, and she has been on methadone for 3 weeks now, has been gaining weight, so we are taking baby steps to recovery.

It's a hard road, and I wouldn't have made it without this site!!! Welcome!!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

beac1960,
Welcome to Sober recovery.
You've found a fantastic place, with wonderful, compassionate people who understand exactly what you're going through. Glad you found us.

I am the mom of 2 addict sons, both are sober for today, but it was a long time in the making, let me tell you.

Hugs to you,
prayers for your daughter...
Old 06-10-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Beac1960, Nice to meet you. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with two of your children that are addicted. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.
I have a daughter who is 26 and she got into drugs after her father died 6 yrs. ago. Needless to say, it has been a struggle. At the present time she seems to be doing okay. It's a day to day struggle........one never knows when things will change. I take the good days for what they are worth. I leave most things up to God. Sometimes I take it back as if I could do a better job. I continue to love my daughter and she knows it..........I tell her so when I talk to her. I have to admit there are days when I feel resentment and hate for her also. I think those emotions are expected under the cicumstances..........so I don't beat myself up for it anymore.
The mom's, girlfriends, wives, dad's on here have been a God sent to me. For me it has been a place to come to express how I feel, and share things about my daughter that I don't have to feel ashamed about. Sometimes, someone will post just the thing that you need to hear to lift you up, and get you through the day.
There is also a lot of prayer here. It seems everyone prays for our SR kids. We all want the same thing for them............Protection for today and recovery for their future.

Blessings to you and your children....................Lo