Notices

Seem to be slipping

Old 05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seem to be slipping

I have been an alcoholic for many years now and now am starting to see the very obvious cycle I am in. It is hurting myself and those around me. My pattern is basically a binge drinking episode every three weeks and no drinks in between. Lasts 2-3 days. Sometimes involves missing work (which I feel extremely bad about today). I had a friend visit me, whom I had sent basically an SOS to. I had treated her quite badly in the past but she came anyway and informed me of this site. The problem may be larger than drinking every 3 weeks. Not even sure of where to start. I'm not drinking now and will be fine for 3 weeks. I can pretty much guarantee that. It really is like clockwork. Who can tell me more about the disease and the ways in which at has affects that aren't drinking?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Milford- welcome to SR. You will find a lot of information here. Only you can decide if you have a drinking problem. Missing work is an indicator that yes, there might very well be a problem. More will be along to say hi and give advice.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

I know that there is a period when the system starts to get rid of the toxicity and then it gets harder. I am not an alcoholic but in my case the two weeks are the tuffest. It's about the body and the disease fighting back. When you get to that period you have to be stronger and realize what's wrong....

Welcome.Take care. There are many answers and lots of great people here. Stick around, keep postin!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Milford, I'm glad your friend showed you this site. It was very touching for me to read that your friend helped you even though you had hit rough patches in the past. Hang on to that one.

I wish you the best. =)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Here is a link full of info

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

it's good to see you here looking for answers
Old 05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Milford and I'm glad you found us.

I think that my addictive thinking affected me in every part of my life. I was a control-freak, anxious and angry. I had no idea what my soul was saying to me. I was lost.

I am glad that you have decided to seek help. Since you know that three weeks from now will be a problem, what are you going to do to prevent the same thing happening?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome Milford stick around
Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Milford -

You've got a good friend. Read, read, read, then google, google, and google some more.

TinLizzy
Old 05-23-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery, Milford.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you

I am starting to understand why we are all here. To 51anna, I am going to write myself a letter tonight. It is going to be sealed and I will open it 2 weeks from now. Somehow, I will use it as a means to make sure I don't get complacent. It is the complacency which helps fuel the outbreak of episodes I think. Any of you had bouts with complacency?

You are all awesome for making me feel so welcome so fast.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hiya mil!!

try this........when week 3 comes along "pretend" it's week 2, then see how you feel at week 4. If you can do this (and I knw you can) you will have made it a whole month. Whatcha think?