Therapist meeting

Old 05-13-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Therapist meeting

I guess my opinion of these folks is changing. You do not have to be weak minded to go chat with these folks. They can actually help.....imagine that,lol.

What I find amazing and my therapist as well. I have an natural innate ability to do the correct actions to inniate healing before I am told, or read about it, or get the info from a cd he has me listening to. It's a great feeling to know that my intuition is as strong as I thought. I just need to remember, and learn to truly TRUST my feelings, my gut feelings. They are correct and will guide :me: in the path!

He is requiring me to step out of the box and walk about a block away from it. I will do as he ask's because I can see he knows what he is doing and that it will help me!

** HAPPY MOM'S DAY ** To all you mommys out there today!!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just need to remember, and learn to truly TRUST my feelings, my gut feelings.
That is your "core". Something we lose as we trek through the madness.

Congratulations for finding it again.

I have a funny story about a therpist

12 years ago, my husband died. I was a young widow.

I decided I needed therapy to help me cope. I to thought it was a sign of weakness, but my grief so overwhelming, I was willing to try anything

Went to my local clinic where they referred me to someone. The day of the appointment I walked into her office and there was a BIG 11x17 picture of her wedding. You know the one where the bride and groom are posing right after the vows? I thought, OMG, just what I needed to see.

She asked me why I was there. I told her my story. Childhood sweathearts, married for 23 years, 18 of which he was sick.

She began to cry. Told me she didn't know WHAT she would do if she lost her husband. Mentioned they had just gotten married. She said she couldn't imagine it, and wanted to know how I was making it through?

HUH!!!!

LOL

I ended up counseling my therpist,,,To look back on it, I find it amusing, though at the time, couldn't WAIT to get out of there

Obviously, I didn't go back

What I did do, was find what worked for me. That ended up being a support group. Where I found my "core". Listened to my "gut" as you put it

The healing began

I'm glad your reconnecting

Peace
Old 05-13-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic, sthrn! I lucked out in the therapist department, too. Learning to trust my instinct and be secure in my own thinking and decisions has changed my life.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went back to see mine again on Friday after a 7-week hiatus. I was so reluctant to go back, but he reassured me I wasn't failing by doing so. He said at the very least if I can bounce things off him and if he can offer another perspective, then we're doing something good. He's right! The best thing he has given me is perspective. Sounds like yours is a good thing.