Update on as

Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on as

My oldest daughter received a my space email from my son's friend, who he is living with right now (for the last 3 months since we threw him out). Says he's doing great, feeling better and working hard. After saying all that, he proceeds to say that he's a little worried cause my as told him that he knows one of his co-workers sells opiates.
He told my as if he catches him doing any of those drugs again he'll kick his you know what and the guy that sold them to him.

It's funny, it was nice of this boy and his father to take him in, but now they're the ones that are starting to question and worry like I did all of those years. I know that my as is not going to meetings and is trying to get clean on his own, and I still will always wonder if he can stay clean when there is money in his pocket. I also question, how it is that they find these people that sell the drugs. Does it just come up in conversation? The fact that he knows someone he works with that sells, has me worried. The only contact I've really had with my as is either through my daughter's my space or through his friend. He hasn't called in weeks. Maybe he has something to hide? Who knows?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

It's like radar, addicts can zone in on an addict in a day, and drugs are everywhere, in every profession...

As for the family that took him in, I am glad that they have their antenna's up.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Louise54 - Just saying hello and sending (((HUGS))) - i'm a Mom of AD - no fun at all is it - so that is why we Moms have to take care of ourselves.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Louise, My daughter has told me that there are more drugs in our town than even she could have imagined. And I do believe that addicts know how to network. It always amazes me who knows who because of drugs. I know that you miss your son, but it really is easier not to have to deal with the drama. If his friends want to take him in and trust him that is their problem. You just keep taking care of yourself. Your son has to find his own way to recovery and addicts need to try different methods to get clean. You never know, maybe he can get clean without meetings. Maybe he will just get sick of his addiction. The important part is that he keeps trying and that you stand back and let him do whatever it takes. You are not enabling and that is a very good thing. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ilona

I just wanted to say hello and send you some hugs. I really don't know how in the world they find each other.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

a drug addict always know who the dealers are. how they know bets me. continue to take care of you. enjoy the peace & quite while you have it.detachment can be great. prayers, hope