Old 05-01-2007, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - May 1

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Recovery Prayer

This prayer is based on a section of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous:

Thank you for keeping me straight yesterday. Please help me stay straight today.

For the next twenty-four hours, I pray for knowledge of Your will for me only, and the power to carry that through.

Please free my thinking of self-will, self-seeking, dishonesty, and wrong motives.

Send me the right thought, word, or action. Show me what my next step should be. In times of doubt and indecision, please send Your inspiration and guidance.

I ask that You might help me work through all my problems, to Your glory and honor.

This prayer is a recovery prayer. It can take us through any situation. In the days ahead, we'll explore the ideas in it. If we pray this prayer, we can trust it has been answered with a yes.

Today, I will trust that God will do for me what I cannot do for myself. I will do my part - working the Twelve Steps and letting God do the rest.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today, I will trust that God will do for me what I cannot do for myself. I will do my part - working the Twelve Steps and letting God do the rest.
The above prayer and this thought gives me great comfort when I am struggling and cannot seem to find my way. When I just don't know what to do, I find that saying a prayer and asking to be led helps me take pause and know that God will provide the answers if I let Him. Taking moments to be still and quiet, to meditate and listen for answers that seem to come from within, and letting go of my struggle of urgency, all help me find good answers that take me to a better place.

May you all find peace today and know that God WILL do for you what you cannot do for yourself. All you have to do is ask.

Hugs
Old 05-01-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann,

As ever - thank you for your continual presence and doing this everyday. It's become my morning ritual. I'm printing this prayer out. It's perfect and sums it up beautifully. Have a great day! Donna
Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks ann, ditto to all you've posted and responded. you're one of the great ones, i want to be like you when i grow up.