My Wife Talked To As

Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Wife Talked To As

Well As Came Through Today While My Wife Was Home. Hes Been Out Since Easter With 15yr Old Agf In A "friends" Apartment. He Said He Wanted More Of His Clothes. She Said "you Can Look But You Don't Have Many Left In Your Room. He Had Told Us On His Last Stay At Home That Agf Burned Some Of His Clothes. Wife Told Him A Few May Be At The River But She Didnt Know. Anyway, He Working A Few Odd Jobs For A Friend. The Friend Told Me That As Had Accused Us Of Stealing His Clothes. What In The World Would We Do With His Clothes, Hes 5'10, 160, And Im 6'1 200. I Guess Its A Conspiracy. Anyway, He Didnt Mention Money, Comming Home, Getting Clean, Or Anything, Maybe Hes Made His Choice, A Life Of Drugs. The Last Money I Know He Got Was $40 On Monday And Another $40 About A Week Before. I Just Can't Imagine How Hes Surviving.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am sorry for all of this. i wish we had a magic wand to wave & they all would be clean & live life in the right way.prayers, hope
Old 04-24-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

They do... survive. The "underground" society of addiction is amazing. My kid would leave in the middle of winter without a coat and flip flops on her feet and return with a pair of shoes and a sweatshirt 3 weeks later.

They 'borrow' from each other, and often live in a communal life style. Most addicts are also very self-serving and quickly lose any social "niceties" like asking before taking.

Daughter also made $500 in a few hours down at Wal-Mart going up to every car and person and claiming to have run out of gas... she even went into each of the stores in the strip mall. I found out because she hit up my hairdresser for $2.00. That was one I MADE her pay back herself, I don't care how codie it was - that one really embarrassed me.

Anyway... he can make it - I was also surprised how long they can go before burning through most of their friends.

And that is ok, too... it takes burning through friends and family before they figure out all they have left is themselves and God. And a Higher Power is with your son and will be right there when your son decides he really DOES need help.

((((Laketime))))
Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Lake)))I'm sorry for your pain. I am also very scared for my AD. I hope you stay strong. (((hugs)))...prayers...many many prayers.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lake, Sending prayers for you and you wife. Keep focused on you. Your son is not spending his nights and days worrying about you. If he is anything like my AD, he thinks about you when he wants something. Like BigSis said when he burns through all his friends and only has himself to keep company, that is when he has a chance to look at his life and realize that nothing changes if nothing changes. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-24-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Addicts are very resourceful, they know every con known to man.

I am sorry about his circumstance, but, there is really nothing you can do. Let it run it's coarse and pray.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

don't try to imagine it, laketime. i try all the time to figure it out, and i am always humbled. they do what they do. breaks our hearts, i know. but addicts do what they do. let go, let god. i'm listening and praying for you and your family, k
Old 04-24-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

I knew there was something else eating at me...

Maybe Hes Made His Choice, A Life Of Drugs
What I know from experience is that there was no "sign" when my kid was nearing the end of active addiction. I was despairing at the very time that her sober time was nearing. We cannot predict... not any of it.

Always keep hope, just try not to predict the outcome.

(((laketime)))
Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There is always HOPE always! My son is straight/sober for the first time in many many years. It has been over 1/2 year now.I am praying for your sons safety and your sanity--
Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lake, like everyone said, they are resourceful and find a way to live. I used to remember that when I worried about him "out there" and I knew that if he could survive like he did, that when the time came he could and would find his way to recovery.

They know where help is when they are ready. They know where detox is, where meetings are held...and they can make that choice any time they are ready.

My son has been missing for 2 years and I make it through each day by asking God to take care of him and then trusting that He will.

Your son will be included in my prayers, that he may find a better path soon.

Hugs
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Laketime)))))))

Old 04-25-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Laketime,
Yes, they are resourceful.
I've kept a journal through the years, and wrote down where my sons have lived through the years. I know my oldest has lived in at least 40 different places. 3 already since he left jail in March....they amaze me...

Don't give up hope...