Going for Help Tomorrow....

Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going for Help Tomorrow....

Boy you are all going to get sick of me...problem after problem.

Here is the latest go around....I was outside tonight and my youngest son (15) cames home in a car, up the driveway he came with a beer in his hand, I voiced my thoughts on it, but kept my cool. Then after he was home for about 45min he said he was going out to the store...I said you are not drinking anymore? He just kind of laughted at me....I said I am going to have to put you in treatment like you dad....He lost it on me and said

Die you Fn' Bi.ch, slammed the basement door and threw a beer can at it...

I have to get some bigtime help here so I am going to go to the womens's shelter for some help tomorrow after work..

Rose
Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, Rose, that sounds awful! You have your hands full. I do hope you find some peace and help soon!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

OMG!! I'm so sorry... Please let us know how you are when you can...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

sending you prayers.

Kevin
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Rose)))

Down here in Washington, we have a Youth at Risk program. The courts take over "parenting" of the child. The child is given certain conditions for remaining in the home... go to school, no drugs, curfew... simple things most parents would impose.

When they fail to do those things (and they almost always do), the judge gives them a choice of rehab (most of these guys are addicts/alcoholics) or jail. Some take jail... but either way, they get some time to think about consequences for their actions.

I hope the women's shelter can point you in the direction of something like that. At 15, boys act like they own the world. Sometimes it takes a "bigger guy" to bring them back to reality.

(((Rose)))
Old 04-10-2007, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for you, Rose. You have not failed as a parent, this problem is bigger than you. Remember that and know that whatever you have to do to help your boys deal with their out of control anger and behaviour is done out of love.

My prayers go out for all of you and I really hope that today you find a solution that will bring you peace.

And....we never ever get sick of listening to you or anyone, so please share all you need to. We are walking together, side by side here, and will share our light if yours dims.

Hugs
Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Sweet Rose)))))))

Darlin', why on earth would we ever tire of hearing your story?
My sister has the same story. Only she takes abuse from son's gf.,
and her 5 yo grandson, daughter, and 2 sons, when their around and not in jail.
You are in grave risk of being seriously hurt by men that you gave birth to, and in my book, that deserves a real a$$ whoopin', sorry.
I agree with Sis. Get the courts involved.
"Peace in the family" be d*mned.
You need to nip this in the bud, asap.
I love ya, Rose. Take care of you.
Until your son learns some respect, he would honestly lose his "house key" privileges. Jmho.
Your in my prayers.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Red face hope

just try and be strong i know how hard life can be but we have to keep trying even if we only make the tinyest improvments its still an improvement take care

oh dont worry about posting problem things i dont think i have posted anything cheerfull once this is why we are all here safety in numbers or something like that, its better to know their are people you can talk to night or day who care
Old 04-10-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Rose, sending prayers your way. I am thinking about you please update soon.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with big sis, we have a similar program here in my state, you are a good mom, glad that you have decided to take some actions, you could be saving your son's life. he's only 15 and a teen, you will be doing him a favor in the long run and one day he may let you know how much he appreciates you doing what you have to do, i think you are trying to protect him from himself while you still have a chance since he's still so young. still praying for you and for him.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am not a Mom yet, so I could only imagine how you must be feeling. But, I would say that the sooner your son gets help, the better. 15 is a hard age and trust me, I did and said some things to my parents that I STILL apologize for. I would do some research to see what programs are available in your area for him to take advantage of.

Prayers and hugs ! And just so you know, we never get sick of hearing anyones story! : )
Old 04-10-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh and rose, i forgot to tell you that i never get sick of you either, i learn so much from you so don't you dare go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Rose))) I am so sorry your son disrespected you. I hope you can get the help you need. Prayers your way......
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Rose))))
Ah Rose, you have your hands full there.
Good idea going to the shelter, maybe they can point you in the right direction. I worry about you, they both sound like they can be physically aggressive. Please, don't hesitate to call 911 if they threaten you, and you feel in harms way.

Hugs, and prayers
Old 04-10-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Rose,

You do whatever it takes to take healthy care of you. And in the meantime, like Big Sis said, maybe someone can point you in the direction of getting help for him.

You hang in there, Rose. We're here for you and never tire of your posts.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good for you Rose. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this. Hopefully the visit with the shelter tomorrow can get you some much needed asssitance. Please keep us updated.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

rose, i am really sorry for you.i know you have read my post on my 15 yr. old grandson. if we can get them the right help they may can be saved.maybe !!! it is still there choice.right now get the help for yourself that u need. my prayers for for you & your boys. none of this is your fault. hugs,hope
Old 04-10-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I never tire of your posts, Rose. I always read them because I learn so much from you. Your strength is amazing for all you've been through. You are an inspiration to so many! Ann's right, your a good parent, but this problem is bigger than you. Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers that the shelter can point you in the direction of some good help for your sons. In the meantime, take good care of yourself, you are worth it!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thinking of you, rose. you deserve to be treated with more respect. blessings, k