Outcome of the week

Old 04-09-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Outcome of the week

Ok here it goes, and it's not pretty. I've been up on and off since 4 with my mind in an uproar. And I'm going to be on the phone in a little while.
Things went pretty good for some of the week there was no drama. Of course I had to get sick and spent a few days not really doing much but trying to cope with work and all so that prevented a lot of it.
I think what set her off was hearing from her father the beginning of the week. he's going in for a cancer operation today and she was to go see him on Friday, but she wasn't sure if she was getting what I had so he called it off. Now she hasn't seen him in a couple years because he would not come for her high school graduation, he bailed on her community college graduation, too. Also never sent a present for either.
After being home all week on spring break, AD has hooked up again with her old bf who was the one got her started on heroin. He is supposed to be clean, but is living i a house with active addiction. She also has her mostly sober bf hanging on the sidelines, but I think he's loosing this round. I'm not sure exactly what is going on and for the most part I don't want to know. It's her problem not mine.
But the boundries are going up later today after she gets up. And they won't be elastic ones either, I'm not going to give an inch, as there is no way I'm going back to the way things were last year when she was in active addiction. I've learned a lot since then, and yeah the hard way. I love her dearly, but I refuse to enable her in any way and she will hear that in no uncertain terms. I hate to say it but I'm glad she's going back to school, it will give me time to take care of me and get my head together. I need it.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good for you, stick to your guns and i pray that you, her and her father feels better soon. keeping you and yours in my prayers
Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((BluePansy))) You didn't ask for advice, so feel free to ignore this... but something jumped out at me in your post...

Things went pretty good for some of the week there was no drama. Of course I had to get sick and spent a few days not really doing much but trying to cope with work and all so that prevented a lot of it.
Part of your boundaries might be to get yourself out of the middle of her stuff? Maybe by having her take her stuff out of your house?

Just a thought.... hope this week goes better.

(((BluePansy)))
Old 04-09-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

there is no way I'm going back to the way things were last year when she was in active addiction. I've learned a lot since then, and yeah the hard way. I love her dearly, but I refuse to enable her in any way and she will hear that in no uncertain terms.
As we learn better, we do better and that's how we grow in recovery. What she does is up to her, but what she does in YOUR house is your boundary to set. She can accept your boundaries and live with it...respectfully, or she can live any way she wants anyplace else. That's how I put it to my son, keeping my boundaries about "me" and his choices up to him.

Hugs
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for the replies, I just needed to vent, again. After venting I tore the kitchen apart and cleaned my little fingers off.
The boundaries I went on about concern my property, she wasn't too happy with what I told her, but it's about me, not her, although it does concern her. I try to stay out of her life unless she asks for my input. I think we actually have a pretty good relationship most of the time, mostly because I do try to let her find her own way and figure things out for herself.
Between her pms-ing and me not feeling good it's a wonder the week wasn't much worse. After being on her own most of every week being home again full time can be interesting, even if it's only for a week.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I know having my college kids home in the now and in the past (addicted and non addicted) always puts our house in an uproar. My neighbor used to say "they can never come home again going away to college" and I do believe she was right. Too much independence has taken place. And mine just couldn't understand why we still had to have rules at my house.

Boundaries were a hard thing for me to learn, but also one of the best things onced I learned how to put them into place. You sound like you learned from your mistakes of the past when you didn't have those boundaries, so that should help you stand firm this time. Just remember .... take healthy care of you.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just stick to your boundries what ever they are & if she can not hold to them that is her problem not yours.hugs,