Drug addiction strikes again

Old 03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drug addiction strikes again

We got a call from CPS in Arizona last night...my husbands sister (meth addict) lost custody of her kids (9 and 11)...they wanted to know if we would take them. After talking about it, we will do it..even though it will be a struggle, should have known that the peace and quiet wouldn't last long as my D is away at college and AS is living at his girlfriends. We were just getting used to our new life, and now this.

It just makes me hate addiction even more than I did ( if that is even possible). This girl had come here to live with us 9 years ago..had her baby, set her self up with a job and a damn good life..but just HAD to go back to AZ where her life had fallen apart before, didn't take long to find the Meth Users to hang out with, and now it's come to this.

Did I mention I HATE DRUGS???
Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Hurt)))) I hate drugs, alcohol, anything that is addictive and can destroy so many lives......

Sorry you are going though this, but I admire you for taking those 2 children into your home. They did not choose their situation. It sounds like they will have a much better environment with you. However, I know what an adjustment it will be for you and your husband.

Blessings and much love being sent your way.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Lilac...I hurt so bad for those kids..they love their mom, and she isn't a terrible person, not the greatest mom in the world obviously, but she does love her kids and I can't imagine her abandoning them this way..I'm afraid she's dead somewhere. CPS won't really tell us anything yet, but hopefully we'll find out the story and how things ended up this way when the guy from the agency finally calls us back. Poor babies are probably sooo scared right now, and now they are telling us it may be 3 months before they can come here!!!

BTW...my husbands mother is in AZ, had the opportunity to take the kids (even if it was just long enough for us to go get them) and declined...wtf..she has had no problem enabling her daughter with money for years and years, but when it comes down to what matters she bails?...

sorry, I shouldn't judge, I know this....I just feel soooo bad for those kids...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It certainly does suck especially when the drugs become more important than your children. At least your there for the kids and it will be a big adjustment. My sister just got sent to jail leaving 3 kids that needed to be taken care of. May I suggest that you meet with the kids counselor at school once they get settled with you. The one at my nieces school as been so helpful and has done SO much for the kids and keeps an eye out for them too. She even got 200 for groceries for the kids. So let them know what is going on and its just amazing at what they can do to make the transition easier as I'm sure they will be shooken up at everything changing for them and the first thing I did for my nieces was get them in counseling so they have someone they can really open up to and get alot of anger out. The kids I'm sure will be so happy to be out of that environment and to have you and your husband to provide a stable home, love and support too. Probably something they havent had in a while.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

kj, I will get them counseling first thing for sure..I haven't seen them for a few years, but no doubt they haven't been living the most stable of lives. I just hope we are up to this challenge..funny, just when you think your life is heading in one direction..it takes a U turn.

The kids are a boy and a girl (girl 9, boy 11)...from what I hear (of course my SIL hasn't been real forthcoming in what's going on in their lives), the little girl may have been molested last year, and the boy is 11 and has already been in trouble for stealing, etc...God be with us...

Thanks for the support..I love this site and all of you here...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

So sorry to hear that. Addiction is such a terrible thing, and it affects so many.

I applaud you for the committment to take these children. They don't deserve what has happened to them. Bless you and keep you all safe and sound.

Hugs,
marteen
Old 03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Even though I'm an eagles fan, (lol)no really, my hats off to you for being such a warm person to take in children.