Home Sick

Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home Sick

As emailed daughter today and said he was starting to get homesick. Said he missed us all. He's been out of the house for almost 4 weeks now, but living with a friend and his father. Not sure if he's clean, (I know he has no money).
Maybe he wants to come home, because they're tired of having him there free loading.
I expect pretty soon I'll be getting a phone call.

My husband would like to see him stay away longer and go to meetings or a rehab. I know most of them cost money, which he doesn't have. Not sure what to do when or if he calls. Maybe I'm jumping the gun.

I know if he does come home, it will be mandatory meetings and he definitely would have rules to live by, because now that we have gotten over the hump of throwing him out the first time, maybe next time, if there is one, it would be easier. I have to admit it's been peaceful around here, without the drama of the drug abuse.

THanks for listening and you guys advice.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He can always go to the Salvation Army, he'll have food and shelter and they have a free program. You don't have to let him come home, that is your choice.

Hope this all works out for you.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Louise)))
For me, this was the hardest part...after I had made myself clear, after I had let my son know what I would and would not accept, and at the time he seemed close to turning the bend.
I admire you for finding the strength and courage to have him leave. I never got that far, as a matter of fact, just when I had "enough", and when he knew he couldn't return, a bed opened for him and he took it.
I couldn't have asked for better timing and I don't believe it was a coincidence.
There are places he can get help...at no charge to him.
There are ways he can change his life, and even if he doesn't move back home, become part of the family again.
He has to make the choice.
Maybe now would be a good time to arm yourself with a few numbers he could call.
He has choices...always has.
It may not feel like it this minute, but waiting him out, not giving in, may be the most loving thing you could do for him.
I'll keep him in my prayers, as well as you and your family
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 03-28-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

[QUOTE=Louise54;1268033]

I know if he does come home, it will be mandatory meetings and he definitely would have rules to live by, because now that we have gotten over the hump of throwing him out the first time, maybe next time, if there is one, it would be easier. QUOTE]

if he doesn't follow the rules "he'll know he has to leave" and it won't really be throwing him out it will just be, "this obviously isn't the place for you"
(hopefully this all doesn't happen)

It makes me know I'm in the right place when I can hear words of wisdom, and thats what I'm hearing
good for you guys