I guess there is a God

Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I guess there is a God

My husband called me tonight, he had to go up north on business went to an aa meeting and ran into somebody he hadn't seen in years he was real surprised we both knew him and really didn't think he would still be alive he was the type that lived on the edge, very talented artist and a really nice guy everybody that knew him loved him, my husband said although he looked ok he could see he was in alot of pain anyway I guess this guy left meeting early so he went out to talk to him turns out he was in relationship with this girl for several years who is in the aa program for like 8 or 9 years he for like4 and then I guess he had a slip and she just dumped him for some really old guy thats in aa .also he said I have never seen such a broken man in my life he was shocked and baby I love you and I will do what ever it takes not to loose you Wow I needed to here that. I do feel sorry for our old friend. my husband thinks over the edge at this point but what can we do?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes there is a higher power for us all-I believe that-explains why things like what happened to you husband happen---why we are in the right place at the right time. I wish you the best......
Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Notoshure View Post
I do feel sorry for our old friend. my husband thinks over the edge at this point but what can we do?
He can be an example, an encouragement, and we can all Pray because ...yes there is a God.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me, there IS a God. He guides me, He comforts me... I would not be able to make it if I did not believe. I believe.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HE is always guiding each of us.....sometimes we just don't see it.

Best wishes to you!