Notices

this sucks.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool this sucks.

I am craving really bad. What do you do when you've exhausted all of your recovery tools and you're still craving?!?!

I really feel like using just to shut that voice in my head up.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have ANYONE at all you can call to get through this?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting out of my own way!

Run to a meeting...call a freind....write your feelings down...read.....take a nap..try to figure out what has casued that need to use and fill it with something healthy......come on....
Old 03-01-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My cell phone is broken. I accidently washed it in my laundry.
I'm waiting to get a new phone.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My head has been going crazy for the last few days... so this really will pass?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've just been saying "well, I might go use tomorrow but I will wait until then to decide" so I try to keep my focus back in today.

Sometimes I have such a hard time bringing my focus back to the moment at hand.

It is weird how sometimes I feel it is abnormal to think about drugs so much but as you said, addicts think about drugs.

I am probably going to go get something to eat because I'm really hungry!

I'm giving that addict voice a fight though...

If I leave here to get something to eat, I will probably take just enough money to get food..

And leave my bank card at home because that is how I could do some damage to myself.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not really sure what to tell you, but keep coming here. Everyone understands.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I laughed when someone suggested this to me, but found out it worked when I did it.. DRINK A HUGE GLASS OF WATER! If nothing else, it's good for you
Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
outtahere

Don't overdo the water. People have died from acute water intoxication and recently too. People with addictive personalities are probably at a greater risk.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ric

Im having them really bad as well. And a full bottle of 10mg Hydro is sitting at the pharmacy waiting for me to pick it up.

This is hell and I am trying my damn hardest to get through it.
I just moved up here, so I have no one to talk to about it.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Question

Water intoxication??? Huh???

Well if you say so, Lee! I believe you!

Yeah, it's weird how addicts and acoholics can like, overdo, or abuse damn near ANYTHING.

Weird.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope4life View Post
I am craving really bad. What do you do when you've exhausted all of your recovery tools and you're still craving?!?!

I really feel like using just to shut that voice in my head up.
Hey girl:

Looked around, saw you've been sober & clean since the 25th; saw your post from last night in Newcomers. It's pretty tough, nobody will tell you otherwise.

I say that because when you're geeking this badly, it is all up to you to pass the hours, pass the days.

Y'know: I came straight off a high level of the tranquilizers Klonopin and Xanax. During those first seven days, it was all I could do to just pass time. But that very exercise turned out to be crucial--because I am 100% better now (over a month later).

I set myself up so it would be very hard to get anything, regardless. lol And check this: Had I the ability, I almost CERTAINLY would have used by the end of that second day, man.

It was r-o-u-g-h, rough. Not using/being able to use made all the difference for me.

I hope you will be able to come through this, remember it is very much a do-it-yourself project. Even if you had a roomful of people supporting you, you would still have to brave the withdrawals.

So remember that much, and best of luck and will your way through.

Oh--and yes yes yes I promise it all gets better for you with time!!!

Ten
Old 03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You'll feel better tomorrow morning waking up knowing you stayed clean tonight. You said you damaged your nose from heavy cocaine use in my post about septal perforation so im assuming its one of your DOC's. Don't go back. I know how your feeling, I struggle every single day to stay clean. Take all steps possible to prevent yourself from picking up. Go put your bank card in water and freeze it if you have to (i've done it!). Good luck and hope your hanging in there
Old 03-01-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LOL Tanya I have froze my credit cards too in a baggy of water. I know how those craving are its like they wont go away no matter what you do. They go for a minute then pop right back in. Guess what if you give in one is to many and 1000 is never enough and you will just hate yourself for giving in. I have been there 100's of times. I think the self hatred for caving in is worse than that voice. Now I come here, clean, do a crossword, snoop around my space, read a good gossip magazine, clean closets, read a good book, journal. Remember how bad withdrawls were, remember the hell I put myself through, remember why I wanted to stop the pills in the first place. Is it worth it to me to go backwards Nah I have already been there done that. There is so much more going forwards. Good luck fighting those damn cravings they do lessen in time if you dont feed the addiction. They will become further and further apart. Maybe will pop in occasionaly but not like they used to. Time time time time thats all I can really know for sure works. Stay strong and remember what made you want to quite in the first place and how awful it was to be a slave to addiction. Hope this helps some.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Freezing your cards is insanely frustrating but its a good way to stop yourself! I know whenever i had cash around it would be GONE. Heck I went as far as going to my parents house and taking THEIR money. When your determined nothing can stop you.

At the endof the day remember: this wont be your last time if you decide to do it. I dont know how many times I said to myself "ONE more pickup and then i'm done" and the cycle continued. The longer you stay clean the easier it'll get to remain that way. Every time you relapse its harder to pick yourself back up. Your doing GREAT
Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Once again I agree with tanya. The things I would do for my doc. I wouldnt have $ to get gas for work but I had enough gas to drive the 15-20min to my parents house to steal their pills. I am so ashamed of some of the things I have done to get my drug that also keeps me from abusing again. Memories right now are keeping me straight just for today......
Old 03-02-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Okay, let me clarify here.. HUGE GLASS OF WATER = 12oz-16oz. Maybe even 20oz if you're feeling frisky! Accompany that with a prayer or two, a call to your sponsor, and you're golden.

Scott
Old 03-02-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Hope)) You know the program works if you WORK it. There has never been a time that it hasn't for me. IF I am willing to do what it takes.

You did good posting here. Did you read your Big Book or pray? You know if we surrender to win the fight, the desire will pass within a few minutes. It's when we feed our addictive thoughts, that we run into trouble!!

Hope all is well!! You know the drill, just do it!!

Big hugs to you my friend!!