Sons BDay party is tomorrow. Picking up exABF's son...

Old 02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sons BDay party is tomorrow. Picking up exABF's son...

xabf said he would bring him to the party. I told him I thought that was a bad idea. He said "Why can't I come?" I replied "because nobody likes you". He said "Oh. well what time are you going to pick him up?" So we discussed the whens and wheres. Let's keep our fingers crossed that everything goes as planned. So far he's being very good about honoring my wishes and leaving me alone. We've had a couple conversations but they were short and to the point and friendly...never brought up getting back together. I'm sure he thinks that by being nice I'll forgive him and take him back so I'm trying to limit contact with him. He knows that and so far is accepting it just fine. His ex wife even let me pick up their son the other day so the boys are ok with us being apart now because they know I can still go get his son and bring him over for play dates without A around. A knows about this as well and it doesn't seem to bother him. (I thought for sure it would because that was another "hook") Just an update.... So far so good
Old 02-24-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You know he's going to take this opportunity to lay it on thick, Dobie, so stand your ground and ignore his manipulations. Hope your son enjoys his birthday.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I figured he will try. I have to pick up 2 boys tomorrow. My exh will have my 2 boys so I will pick up 2 of the boys who will be attending the party and one of them is his son (A's). I told him I will pick his son up first then the other boy and drop his son off first then the other boy. That way I don't have to stick around for conversation. (That's my plan anyway!!) His son has called here twice today to play with mine but mine wasn't home all day (at a friends house). I felt so bad for him. He's so bored. I love him like he's one of mine so its hard to hear the disappointment in his voice when he can't come over. But I stayed tough and talked to him for a little bit and told him I would see him tomorrow. He can't wait
Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So hope your plan goes as planned with no interference. Hope he doesn't spoil the day for boys.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

How'd the party go today, Dobie? Hope your son had a great day and that your ex behaved himself.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I have been thinking of you too. Did it go well?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dobie

report in and let us know how the party went hope it went well!!!