Notices

Sober Alcoholic but struggling to stay clean off Meth

Old 01-08-2007, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Alcoholic but struggling to stay clean off Meth

I am a recovering alcoholic 6yrs clean but i have been battling a methamphetamine addiction for 7yrs now 42 days of cold turkey. Im a sahm with no contact with my sons af and i have no family except my father who is in prison for manufacture of meth 2yrs into a 6yr sentence. I desperately want to kick this addiction but im so scared of relapsing but i feel like this evil drug is pulling me back in
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted here since you are feeling pulled back into the meth world. Congratulations on stopping alcohol for 6 years. That's terrific. And 42 days free from meth is just great. You've gotten this far and I'm sure you can continue. You probably know from stopping alcohol that you need to make some changes in your life regarding people and places. I hope you keep posting and reading around the forums.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How did you quit drinking ? Can you apply the same principles and ideas to the meth ?

Have you considered a 12 step program ? I know it works for me.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Glad your Here Hon there is much Help here to be found...

Many will be able to relate to your Situation,...!!!

42 day's is a Great Start to a New begining and you DONT have to go back to
day 1 Again....

Hold tight to your Recovery ,....

Welcome to SR Hon.....
Old 01-08-2007, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really wish i could say it was discipline or a programme etc that helped me kick drink but it wasnt. I drank for 11yrs someone i know said they had never seen me sober all that time! but after a yr of drinking and taking meth i started having work problems so after 8yrs working there i decided to quit before i got fired then my meth addiction truly kicked in and it took over. i think it suppressed my urge for the drink i cant really explain it
Old 01-09-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry if it was misleading about my alcohol sobriety :-( but i do believe i wont be picking up the bottle ever again i did probably just exchange one addiction for another
Old 01-09-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi

I don't know if what I am going to say will help or not, I am new to this. I took amphetamine for about 6 years on and off I found it easier to cope with life and work. I would take it one day to give me energy for work then because I had no sleep and was on a comedown would take more the next day ending up in a vicious circle. It got to the stage where I would take it even if I wasn't tired just because I loved the way it would make me so confident and the way I could get all that cleaning done so quickly. I haven't had any for quite a while now, I still think about it occasionly but on the whole the more time passes the less you will think about it. You need to try and stay away from people that are using and selling for the time being or it is all to easy to slide back into it. The more time passes the less you think abut it, but I guess like booze it will always be there so you need to be strong.

You are doing great, good luck
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dilan
but i feel like this evil drug is pulling me back in
... DONT LET IT... you can do it... put the 'WE" back in the "We"...

you get high, we help others stay clean... were here to help, and watch your back...

good wishes D........................ rz
Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Im feeling more positive today. One day at a time its a good mantra for me. When i look at my little boy who is getting ready to celebrate his 4th birthday i think about all the bad examples ive set and allowed others to set that have affected his life and i know i have to stay committed to getting clean...for him...for me...for us. Thankyou to everyone for yr support. Hello day 45 im so glad to be here
Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you are doing okay today, meth is one arse kicker to come clean from, are there any support groups of any kind in your area? As you said you probably replaced the booze with Meth so in reality you are just now really getting sober.

Hang in there bro, remember you are not alone.