They tried to make me go to rehab...I said No, No, No!!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They tried to make me go to rehab...I said No, No, No!!

Sorry just quoting lyrics from Amy Winehouse...

Detox day was today and he didn't go.

He's had man flu...been really ill the last few days...but seemed perkier today.

Appointment was for 1.30 today. He rang the clinic this morning when I was out and told them he wasn't well and could he have a later appointment..they said they'll fit him in within the next two weeks.

He said he's definately going when the next appointment is booked...

I didn't react when I came home and he told me he'd postponed...reallly wanted to but never said a word, just "ok then" and got on with my day as usual...

Did I do right?

My mum said I should have talked him into going...but then it wouldn't have been off his own back, would have only been doing it for me...not what I want.

Am disappointed now though, but not showing it or playing the martyr (sp?)

Wanna have a good whinge, scream at him for letting himself down and me too...

No point though is there...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you handled it great. Hope it's better news for you in two weeks.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I think you did the right thing...My ex has been to detox and rehabs so many times and I remember one night he listed them off for me, who he went in for each of those times: his mother, his brother, his SIL whose house he was crashing at til he got kicked out, for his mother again after she died, his gf, his boss, then to get off the street... you name it. He also said that's why it never worked any of those times. He's so smart to be able manipulate everyone around him, if only he'd put a fraction of that energy into taking the basic amount of care of himself.

I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you and how hard not to say anything! Wow. I admire your strength. Best of luck in 2 weeks.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YES!! Hope you can do something very nice for yourself today. I know it must be a disappointment but great non-reaction on your part.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i understand missus.....sounds like we have the same man....but you are one up on it all cause you knew how to not respond.

do something nice for yourself, and let him spin in his own little circles.

jeri
Old 01-03-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done indeed....even though its harder then heck.

What is the "man flu??
Old 01-03-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

man flu....let me take a guess.

the man has the flu. his flu is so much worse than any other person on the face of the earth. he thinks he's dyin. his nose is runnin....see how it runs??!!! that ain't normal, is it???? and this cough....i think my lungs are fillin up with fluid....i bet i have pneumonia. do i have a fever???? can you get me something????? ohhhhhhh,,,,,it hurts to walk. this is bad, bad, bad. call my brothers and sisters.....this might be it. tell everyone i love them.

am i close????
Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post

the man has the flu. his flu is so much worse than any other person on the face of the earth. he thinks he's dyin. his nose is runnin....see how it runs??!!! that ain't normal, is it???? and this cough....i think my lungs are fillin up with fluid....i bet i have pneumonia. do i have a fever???? can you get me something????? ohhhhhhh,,,,,it hurts to walk. this is bad, bad, bad. call my brothers and sisters.....this might be it. tell everyone i love them.

am i close????

WOW! My exAH tells me he was sick in bed the days between Christmas and NYE with this same thing! Except,don't "bother him...leave him alone!" or "put him out of his misery" (the temptation some days :saroll: haha)

Our son's heart surgery was no match to his migraines!

man flu;that MUST be it!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

am i close????
LOL
Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

OMG ok.... I use to call it the weenie whine.

I got it now... year that one sucks.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

am i close????

Oh so verrry close...lmao!!!

Except..man flu is just a cold, not flu at all, lol