Please Welcome 4-Kids

Old 12-28-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please Welcome 4-Kids

Married 23 years. Pretty much dealing with his drinking the whole time. Very tired of this lifestyle. Came home from a family get-together for Christmas where he drank so much to come home and "take" our daughter's car to drink some more. Son and daughter took off and found it and brought the car back home but pretty much didn't care about him. They are old enough now and understand what I've been through. (What a relief to have them understand but very angry they have to go through it). Two younger ones see but don't truly understand. Used to love him so much, now can't stand to look at him. Tired of the rollercoaster feelings of thinking things are getting better and then.....not. Don't understand how someone who has so much can't see it. I can completely understand how some of your replies you've been talking about can come off as bitter. I'm very bitter. His tears, words, actions don't mean a thing anymore. He's pathetic. But I'm still here or he's still here. Why? He's a good person, father, friend but that's it. Our marriage is gone. Most of the time you can count on him for work, help with kids, car, some stuff around the house....but as a husband and wife we are through. I could throw up at the thought of getting intimate with him. Why can't he take care of himself....stop drinking, smoking, and do something for his health? He's had two DUIs in about 12 years. We cannot afford another one. I thank God for my children every day and I know things could be 100% worse. We all have our health and that's all that matters. I'm not being abused, I have a roof over my head, etc. I'm glad I found this site. I plan to come back daily.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found us two and hope to get to know you, Our stories have many similarities.

I have to go now, but will ttyl!
Old 12-28-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ditto on my husband and on October 31st we did a professional intervention and he went away for 28 days. He is now back, better but not perfect.
If you want more info we can talk privately.

These men are in their late stages of Alcholism and I now beileve after being that a recovery center myself for a week that this disease is deadly. If there is no recovery, they will die!
My AH was given all of the best tools and more. If he chooses not to use them, then my boundaries are set.
Bless you, it is soooo hard. I did this intervention for ME. not knowing if my AH would go or not, it was my final ticket to make a move if he didnt go.
well he went... and that is another story.

Just wanted to share
Missy xo