Notices

New & Don't Know What To Do!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first time posting, told my wife two weks ago, "never going to drink liqour again" you know just beer.woke up this morning after blackout from vodka. don't know what to do.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Hiya Reckless! We're glad you're here.

Vodka blackouts don't sound very fun. Do you really want to quit? We're here to help! If you told your wife you're going to quit, I think you should quit--Including beer.

Originally Posted by The Big Book, pg 31
Here are some of the methods we have tried: Drinking beer only, limiting the number of drinks, never drinking alone, never drinking in the morning, drinking only at home, never having it in the house, never drinking during business hours, drinking only at parties, switching from scotch to brandy, drinking only natural wines, [switching from hard liquor to beer, too!] agreeing to resign if ever drunk on the job, taking a trip, not taking a trip, swearing off forever (with and without a solemn oath), taking more physical exercise, reading inspirational books, going to health farms and sanitariums, accepting voluntary commitment to asylums —we could increase the list ad infinitum.
Please Keep Posting! How much do you usually drink and how often? Do you always black out? You might need a professional opinion.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sounds like you think you might have a problem with alcohol, and chances are pretty good that you do. Ever thought about trying an AA meeting? I cannot safely drink any type of alcohol, vodka or beer included, EVER.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beer is alcohol too and it sounds like you have a drinking problem. Take a look around and read some posts. You'll find lots of information and support.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Hopefully you can learn some more about alcoholism and your own habits by reading around here a bit. If you drink large quantities, you may want to consult a doctor before quitting, since withdrawals can be dangerous.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome reckless. I too am new (18 days) and just wanted to say that I know where you're coming from..

Being without alcohol even this short time has really opened my eyes to how fake of a life I was living.. I attend AA meetings and have a few friends that do as well. Things have improved drastically in my life in a short while and hopefully will only get better. Good luck in your journey...
Old 12-07-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Here is great info for you
Blackots are discussed
on #35

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...fluence-2.html

Don't dispear...You too can quit!