Just sad...

Old 11-09-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Just sad...

Well, was around some people tonight who see my XA. His daughter got engaged last weekend...Made me so sad to not be a part of it! She had been my step for 14 years. Love the Fiance. Heard 'the whole family was there(in the bar) celebrating.
I have not gone to town to any bar, restaurant, etc in 2 months cuz I didn't want to hear anything. Went to a style show today w/ some friends and went to a 'hangout' in town after w/ them. None of us are A's, but went to have drinks and dinner. Saw some 'bar people' who talked a lil' bout him. Made me wanna cry...why? just a loss of the "family" we had, sad over the past I guess, we had looked forward to her engagement and now I am not a part of her life anymore.
Sad.....but, that is prolly why he has been emailing me "nice readings". Cuz this was one of those 'family moments' and deep down he misses me being there to share it. There is no win here. I feel like I have put up such a defense against him and his, that I am a bit bewildered right now. Don't want him and the trouble, but feel sad...to not be a part of a "big event".
Thanks for being here for me to write to.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Mazey,
Sorry to hear you're feeling so sad and disconnected from those you still care about. I don't have any words of wisdom, but will say I sincerely hope you will be feeling better about things soon. I guess with each new milestone in life there are reminders of what once was and could have been.
Thanks for sharing....and take care.
cmc
Old 11-09-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You could be part of the big event, just in a different way than you planned. You could send her a card, write her a letter, send her some flowers or something special to celebrate her marriage, or invite her and her new husband out to brunch.

The older I get the more I realize that things rarely turn out as planned. When that happens, I make alternate plans, and often they're more fun and more fulfilling than my original plans.

In the end, it's all up to you.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with former. I'm sure your step daughter misses you being a part of this. You have formed many bonds in this family.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Thanks, and FDM, really good idea to send her something. I will! Thanks for the idea. Part of my "family" is gone and I miss their important events.....but, I must bring myself to remember why they are gone! F-ing beer! I will get strong again! Need the strength you all give me.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry your feeling sad mazey. it's a good idea to make some kind of contact with step-daughter and celebrate in some way. you can still be part of her celebration.

i understand how difficult these times are.

hope you are able to make yourself feel better soon
blessings to you
jeri
Old 11-09-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Mazey,
I too am sorry you are feeling down. But I'd be willing to bet too that his daughter would be equally disappointed that someone that had been a part of her life for so long couldn't be at her wedding. I'm sure it would mean the world to her too if you did something special for her and her fiance. That might help you not feel so left out too.
Take care,
TG