Notices

Hypocrite

Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hypocrite

I feel very compelled to answer to these issues I'm disgustingly too familiar with, but having only recently joined this forum and still very much needing my own recovery, I feel very hypocritical responding. Am I out of line?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Realizing that people are at a different stage of recovery from one another and replying with compasion from your ES&H (Experiences, Strengths, and Hopes) is never out of line. A new person can share and be right just as much as someone with years behind them. The newer person may also be bringing a fresh thought that has been forgotten by a long timer.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sharing your experience is never out of line. Feel free to respond to anyone.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

The newer person may also be bringing a fresh thought that has been forgotten by a long timer.
I don't have any original thoughts regarding alcoholism, recovery, meetings, 12 & 12, etc. Anything I say here is the result of repetition, repetition, repetition...countless meetings and stories of recovering alcoholics.

But, it is true that, the questions posed by the newcomers tend to refresh my memory and bring to mind so many "answers" that I may not have forgotten; but, just haven't had a reason (until now) to dredge them up. It's as helpful to me as it is to whomever has prompted me to "pass it on".

So, I say, "Thank You, Dear Newcomer!" for jogging the old brain cells into action.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This forum is open to all Newcomers and to anyone who feels they can benefit from these posts.

By all means, please post and share your recovery with us.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have frequent headaches, probably not as bad, but still very uncomfortable. I feel like they're brought on by the racing thoughts and feelings that swarm my brain the longer I stay sober. I joined this forum yesterday and have been welcomed warmly. The game forums are fun and really take my mind off using. Welcome