Notices

Damned If I do, Damned I don't :(

Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Damned If I do, Damned I don't :(

Hi All;

I have been drinking for more than 20 years now. I have been suffering from chronic Panic Disorder , OCD and eating disorder most of my life. I drink 3 to 4 beers every evening and my drinking can get out of hand during the social occasions.

Eating disorder is the main cause for my drinking. I can only eat solid food right after I wake up and after drinking couple of beers. I had all the physical tests and all came up normal. I have been to numerous psychiatrists and received all kinds of therapy but tehy were not helpfull at all. I was diagnosed as suffering from psychosomatic disorder which I can not overcome with Obsessive thoughts of choking while eating. Alcohol relaxes me. I only drink in the evenings 3 to 4 beers, never during the day. But I am sick of drinking and want to give up this habir. I once tried and stpooed fro three years but I was hospitalized for malnourishment I was dying because I couldn't eat anything but fluids and soft food.

I don't know what to do? Maybe this froum will strnghten my decision on giving up altogether on drinking and beating my obsessive thoughts.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Please look at this section..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/mental-health/

I do hope you will find answers..
Old 11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you are on the right track.

I drank to deal with depression/anxiety and found of course, that drinking ended up making things worse. But, I did have to get the depression treated before I was able to stop drinking.

I hope you can find the answers you are looking for here at SR. You will surely find lots of support and information.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot for the replies. I will hang out here. This is such a supoorting community.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Smile