Update

Old 10-10-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Update

My AH still has not signed the divorce papers. I called and told him yesterday that he needed to go sign them and he told me he was not going to. I told him that the papers, as of right now, had very good terms for him and that if they were not signed by the end of the week then I would ask for more, including the house and that the judge would probobly give it to me since I had the kids.

This is okay, I am not getting myself upset about this. I will be glad when it is over tho. Once he does sign the papers we have to wait 60 days and then we will have a court date and it will be final.

My mom and I went to some garage sales this weekend and I racked up on some things. I bought a daybed for my daughter, a nice rug, decorative items for my new house. I got the kids several DVD disney movies, play clothes, some rugs and mats, a TV and VCR for the kids room and several other little treasures. The great thing is I only spent 50.00. We had a great time. Oh yeah I also got 2 toddler beds for the boys too.

I have decided to wait until after the first of the year, maybe March to move out of my parents home into our new one, My dad has cleared a spot in his back yard for us to put one of those modular homes. I want to build up a little savings for me and the kids to have for future use.

My sister ask me the other day if I missed him and I honestly could say NO.

I am learning to live again. I am teaching my kids to live and I am learning to love myself - all one day at a time.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you... I'm glad that you are doing so well. Thanks for updating us!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How cool is that..... I love listening to recovery shinning through.

Im so happy for you and staying at the parents does not suck.... right now its a good thing for you to accept all the love and support you are given.

Congrads to you.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, Life. There's a great life for you to be living and you're grabbing it. Bravo!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So.. is he thinking that if he doesn't sign the papers you'll just say, "oh, OK, nevermind then."
Old 10-10-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My parents are great, for the most part. My dad works rotating schedules so he is in and out and my mom gets me out and keeps me busy with the horses and barn work, which I don't mind. I have even claimed one of the horses, She follows me around like a little puppy (Maybe b/c I sneak her apples when no one is looking)

I am looking forward to moving out on my own, but I have thought about it and this is the best for all of us until after the holidays.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mallowcup
So.. is he thinking that if he doesn't sign the papers you'll just say, "oh, OK, nevermind then."

mallowcup,

I have no idea what this man is thinking. He told me last night that he made a vow and he was keeping it. He said he was going to call my preacher and tell him that he needed to preach a sermon on marriage vows. I told him to go ahead that my conscience is clear and I had already talk to my preacher.

You would be proud of me, my guilt is gone and I am not going back. I will get a divorce with or without his signature. He cannot break me.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Inspirational. Good for you.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I sure he calls the preacher! I'd love to hear him spin this all into keeping vows.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I love it when they give that one about "marriage vows"
Hello?? what happened to their part "Honor and cherish"
10 plus yrs of active disease in our home, I didn't feel very honored or cherished - did you?????

Thanks to my HP my AH is in recovery & so am I, but if he walks down that road again, I'm so glad I have places like Al-Anon and SR to help me maintain my strength to walk away like you did, Lifeoutthere.

Congratulations on learning to Live again!!

See ya,
Rita