Notices

help me help my druggie !!

Old 08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help me help my druggie !!

Hey everyone !! I hope that when you read the title, you laughed, cuz if you did, you know that Im just someone who wants to help a great friend who is very much addicted to drugs, and I know that with the right support she can let them go, and lead a long sober happy life.

My name is Felipe, and I come here looking for advice and info on how to help my friend. She is a beautful spirit who is going down the wrong path. I am currently in the Navy, and Im out to sea right now, and I wont be home to Florida for another month or so, but Im hoping this will give me good time to get the right advice.

My intentions right now are to:
- find a place where she can go to detox, and talk to others who want to lead a sober life.
- pay for the detox if i have to

I know i can only "lead a horse to water and hope she drinks", so hopefully i can get some advice from you guys who may be counselors and recoverees.

a little about myself: Im 27, been in the navy for 5 years, been drug free for 5 years, yes i dabbled in it all, except heroine and meth, ok maybe i didnt just dabble. I loved weed, and did enough coke to numb Tony Montana, but i realized that I couldnt lead my life that way, with the aspirations I had. I guess some people have a very hard time with addiction, I guess I was able to mentally leave it alone easier, although I will always know how good it felt, I also know how bad it was. I just quit smoking a month and a half ago, yea no smokes since June 21st. Ive been smoking since I was 15, so 12 years, and im finally saying enough is enough, I used the patch and the gum, and it worked. !! Im so happy. I dont even feel like smoking <<< yea right !! LOL

a little about my friend: shes 28, a go-go dancer, has been doing heroine and meth for years, in the past year that Ive known her, her life has dont nothing but treat her bad, I cant think of one good thing that has happened to her in since I known her. I a year of knowing her, she has been to jail for possession, broken her leg, lost the trust of her family, had all her personal stuff that was in storage stolen from her, from a bad friend, evicted from her house, has lived in 3 different places, its like just blows my mind.

She needs me, I know I was put into her life for a reason, so please help me find the right words, and show her that its better to be drug free.

I dont know what else to say, besides help me do the right thing.
I dont want her to detox in jail, or in a coffin.

sincerely,
Felipe
Old 08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Felipe-
Sorry to be so blunt, but you can't really help her unless she wants to help herself...In the Forum on Naranon or Alanon..There is some really educational stuff that taught me that...Such a hard fact to face....Have a good read..There are lots of us struggling with that and more people will be along to support you with this dilemma...

hugs......Janni
Old 08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!...

Please click on this and read the top post

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/

you can find lots of information and support there.

Take care..
Old 08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow, thanks guys, there so much to read, and my conenction speed out on this ship is like worse than 56k, but i will try to read as much as i can as fast as i can. it takes every page about 2 minutes to load. LOL

thanks so freakin much you guys, holla back !!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are finding your way around.

BTW..the Salvation Army has an excellent recovery
program and it is free.

Thank you for your Navy service, Blessings
Old 08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

damn, i dont think ive ever felt so miserable and so happy at the same time reading Marteens thread "a message for new parents of addicts"

thanks marteen
Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD
Glad you are finding your way around.

BTW..the Salvation Army has an excellent recovery
program and it is free.

Thank you for your Navy service, Blessings

aww thanks so much, and your welcome !!!

the thing is she loves me so much, cuz i when i met her i accpeted her and her crazy ways, not until we hung out for a while, and started to catch feelings for each other did her problems become my problems. I got mad, I got angry, and I made her feel like **** for her just being her, and it screwed up our friendship pretty bad. so I did the only thing i could do as a friend, tell her what i thought of her lifestyle, give her a kiss, and turn my back.

Well a month went by, and she called me at like 4 in the morning on the 4th of July, she was alone, and sad, and she called me to thank me for being a friend.

I know if i can present to her enough reasons for her to live drug free, that she will try to do it, But after all the reading that im doing on this site, i see that I want her to do it for her, not me,

so than the question remains, what made me decide to stop selling coke, and doing it, the answer I guess, is that my father was a major coke dealer, and it ruined our family, and i feared falling into the same lifestyle, and i knew i ghad to do something drastic to make a change, bottom line is, I had to find something to live for.

so i have to find something that she really enjoys, more than drugs, trust me every druggie has something they enjoy doing more than drugs, and i have to show her that it will be more rewarding than getting high.

ok back to reading.