Notices

Anxious again

Old 08-21-2022, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxious again

Maybe just another bump in the road…Im sober…(598 days), been taking my antidepressants last 7-8 months and it’s been working…

So what’s wrong?

Had a lot of sweets lately…maybe another blood sugar spike then crash….Idk… just guessing here….the thoughts are all over the place.

Besides that, i’m not sleepy yet and it’s around 8:35pm…usually Im in bed already…even got up early this morning and was kinda sleepy all day so I can hit the sack early….uugghh

Hopefully sleepy and in bed by 9 or 10pm latest… Had some calming peppermint tea earlier so I hope that helps…

Just wanted to rant awhile. Kinda anxious, restless, and can’t really sleep yet.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you're dealing with this again Introvrtd.
As a long time reader of your story, I agree think the sugar has something to do with it, for you.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'd agree that diet and sleep patterns might have a big impact. I've been on the Noom diet (cognitive behavior) for the past couple months and it really has me analyzing my eating and sleeping habits. When I'm eating right and getting enough sleep my inflammation disappears, my mindset is much better, and I'm less stressed all around.

I think it's great that you have a good awareness of what may be having an effect on your health and recovery.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with the wise gentlemen above. Sugar really affects me. I've been on a pretty mindful diet and nutrition kick for quite a while, but I still have my sugar days and then pay the consequences. Same with caffeine. Moderation! Not our strong suit.

The other thing is that if I don't get some purposeful exercise every day, within three days I have pretty bad anxiety.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry that you are going through this anxious time - I know that my own diet/sugar/sleep has a huge impact on how I feel. I hope you lean on this forum for support, so any of us have and do suffer from anxiety.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’ve been reading very heavily on sugar withdrawals and detox. How the affects of sugar binges has many negative affects on the body…just like alcohol or drugs.

The first 24 hours were really bad….anxiety and insomnia just like alcohol withdrawals. 48 hours later, things smooth out a bit…sleep slowly gets better and the calmer self sets in…

Its like I can’t win…Almost like trading one addiction for another. But I’ll ride this one out too like the other withdrawals I’ve had…

Onward…
Old 08-22-2022, 05:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can win Intro...you don't need to keep swapping one addiction for another

D
Old 08-23-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I've swapped some poor addictions for healthier ones. The money I saved from not buying alcohol and tobacco now goes towards musical gear, astronomy gear, kayaking, fishing, and travel. And most importantly, I try to be addicted to my spiritual beliefs, and that feels so good!