Notices

Spravato - esketamine

Old 01-15-2022, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spravato - esketamine

Has anyone tried Spravato? It’s a new treatment where they use esketamine in the form of a nasal spray to treat very persistent depression. I have had anxiety and depression for over a decade. At first SSRIs really were effective. But these days nothing helps except for an occasional Ativan. But I can’t live on those so I asked my psych if we could get more aggressive and he mentioned this and said a colleague uses this as a treatment to pretty good results. Wondering if anyone had tried it.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i looked up the prescribing info. Causes sedation, so two hours post clinic you need to be clinically observed. Causes cognitive dysfunction. Caution in patients with liver issues. Large risk for abuse/misuse.

it is a form of ketamine, a dissociative drug (not unlike acid taken for trips in the 60sand 70s.). Ketamine is given intraoperatively to patients to disassociate them from the surgical experience under light anesthesia. As a post op nurse this was frightening to many patients, as they would be ‘tripping’, but keep in mind it was given WITH sedation.

so only experience as a post op nurse with ketamine, and it’s use in surgical patients.

Talk further with your Dr if you are concerned. Depression is very serious and risks versus benefits I’m sure would be a good discussion to have for your individual case

big hugs.
Old 06-16-2022, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you've had bad (or uncomfortable) trips on shrooms or ecstacy in the past should even try this stuff? My psych has hinted she might want me to try it, but I'm hesitant because of uncomfortable past experiences with x and shrooms.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Test.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey BABM - how are you?

D