Notices

Aderall and Anxiety

Old 05-06-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Aderall and Anxiety

does anyone have any experience or history with using aderall and with anxiety disorder?

i just recently been put on aderall for ADHD, im 34, and so far im on day 2, and day 1 was pretty intense, only took 20mg (2 pills) so assess my tolerance and safe to say i was "speeding" as my dr called it....

so today day 2 i took one pill and around 2 hours later now, im feeling really jittery, i just want to know if this goes away or what to expect, i was pretty hesitent to start taking the Aderall, but if it can help me focus and forget all the BS around me, im good, and i know a side effect is weight loss (which can be sever) but i need to take some weight off, and so far both days my appetite went down crazy

anyways so i dont get off track just looking for some advice or possible alts to aderall?
Old 05-06-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Adderall is a pretty strong stimulant and will cause anxiety in people prone to it.
Usually stimulants like this will cause a calming effect in those that do truly have adhd, but for those that don't, will cause you to feel wired.
You can talk with your doc about it if it keeps up to possibly switch you to another medication.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My wife has a sleeping disoder. She was prescribed one pill to to help her sleep. The side effect of the sleeping pill was drowsiness during the day. The doctor then prescribed adderall to help wake her up. Talk about being bi-polar. She's now my ex-wife. My advice is to read and understand the side effects before committing to this medication.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It usually makes anxiety go away till the comedown crash kicks in that gave me 10 times more anxiety then I started with. 40 mg is alot for starting off for sure.

The next thing they will likely do is give you the extended release that stuff is total crap. The time it is effective is no different the the instant release but the crash down is extended. In fact I think you were given that lousy extended release judging from what you have posted.

With most psychiatric drugs the extended release is inferior but big pharma gets a new patent to replace an expired one and they market the heck out of extended release as "improved" and make a few billion dollars.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be carefull with that darn adderal that stuff was my favorite but caused me alot of trouble. I liked and almost had to drink to get through the yuck part when it wore off.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It honestly did not affect my anxiety too much. As another poster said, I think that I would feel increased anxiety when "coming down" from it, but usually they prescribe a long-acting one, or multiple pills a day so that you don't have to deal with that in the middle of the day.
I usually found that if anything it would help me to focus so that my brain was not all over the place. When I have anxiety I can't usually focus because I am detached from the situation or task at hand and thinking all these stressful and upsetting things I can't control. Adderall helped me to focus on what I was doing without so much "background noise".
In the end, I do not take it anymore because I do not think I am actually ADHD, but that I act like a spaz because I am so nervous and on edge all the time due to anxiety.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Also, I don't have an alternative really, but I saw that you posted about your appetite. It definitely affected mine to the point where I had to drink Slimfast or Ensure to make sure I was getting enough nutrients. It's not the ideal diet but it helped in those times when my body was feeling like it needed food but my brain had no appetite.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just want to say I'm an addict to amphetamines. I hope you told your doctor you're an addict. Last time i went out I went straight to methylphenidate (or however you spell it). Its one HELL of a drug. I binged on it for a month or more straight. Doing illegal **** to get it.! Beware my friend. Hope this helps