Notices

is this anxiety?

Old 02-26-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is this anxiety?

Hi, I'm 2 Months sober and for the first time I am getting episodes where I feel shaky, arms and legs are numb and twitching, lightheadedness, feel like I'm in a dream world, I don't feel in control of my arms sometimes, so scary!

Is this normal?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anxiety has alot of different forms. For me, when an anxiety attack creeps up, I feel like I cannot stand to be in my own mind...it races (albeit in no way, shape, or form in any kind of order or logical manner, its all a massive blur of AHHHHHH dafkdsfaefdfkdkfjadfa), and just don't know what to do with myself to shake the feeling until it goes away. I havent personally had any physical symptoms of an anxiety attack other than perhaps an elevated heart beat, clinically maybe elevated blood pressure in the moment (though I have no way to measure that), and maybe a bit of light sweating due to just the overstimulation of my brain and body. Having the physical symptoms might be an all-out anxiety attack that has manifested itself differently for you, or you might be feeling residual effects of alcohol withdrawal.