Notices

Upcoming Social Situations

Old 02-11-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Upcoming Social Situations

Day 2 and I'm already stressing out about the coming weekend.

Except for when I get in a really bad binge drinking cycle, I normally only drink of the weekends. This weekend, there is a party that I will attend. It's not an alcohol related event as it is a child's party. My problem is social anxiety. I don't ever feel the need to drink before a party but afterward I want to crack open a bottle of wine to de-stress from all the small talk.

That, plus Valentine's Day date night. My DH understands that I don't want to drink yet also doesn't fully grasp that I have a "real" problem. It's a denial aspect on his part because he's helped me nurse too many hangovers and seen me polish off way too many bottles of wine alone not to know there's an issue.

I want to be able to post NEXT Monday that I am 8 days sober and not back on Day 1 again.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's always support here ALBK - there's the monthly thread, the weekend thread, and you can always make your own thread in Newcomers as well.

If you really need to go to this kids party, then try and think of other healthier ways to destress afterwards?

As for Valentines Day - I've had loads of sober date nights now. I don;t feel deprived because alcohols not involved. The focus should be on you and DH, not a bottle on the table, IMO.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right!

Made plans for right after the party that will keep me busy. Also, DH and I decided to go out for a dinner at a place that doesn't even serve alcohol (local foods/farmer's market type thing). Making it a health meal all around.

Day 3 - feeling much more like myself today and stronger about the weekend.