Notices

meds aren't helping doctor refuses to switch

Old 12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

meds aren't helping doctor refuses to switch

Hello new to this site.. I've been on seroquel and celexa now for over 2 years. My anxiety is awful and I feel isolated.. I dont want to be out in public long and just xmas eve was the boiling point family gathering and I couldn't deal I found myself alone in my sisters room not dealing until almost everyone is gone.. I'm starting recovery at the same time as today is day 3 suggestions or any advice is greatly appreciated god bless.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

I'm sorry you had a hard time with anxiety recently. I noticed you are on day 3 of your personal recovery. Congratulations!

I don't know if your recovery is alcohol, drugs, gambling....

I am a recovering alcoholic. I have struggled with mood disorders for many years. I found that the meds my doctors would prescribe for depression, did not seem to help and I hated the side effects. I didn't understand that drinking while taking the meds was my real problem with not getting better. Alcohol is a depressant. I was taking anti-depressants and then drinking generous quantities of a liquid depressant later in the day. That was an unhealthy combination.

As my addiction to alcohol progressed, I began to experience anxiety. My mood disorders were progressively getting worse as I stayed active in my addiction.

After I started my recovery from alcohol, my anxiety was tough. I think the alcohol just masked the symptoms and when I removed the alcohol ~ the real anxiety levels were revealed.

I was able to address my mood disorders after an extended period of sobriety. I waited to address my mood disorders (was no longer being treated when I got sober) as I wanted to discover what my genuine feelings were. I had been masking my true feelings for so long, I decided I wanted to know who I really was,what I really felt, and then decide how to address any lingering issues.

I have continued my sober recovery and now I have been able to address my mood disorders effectively.

I wish you success in your recovery and hope you will find the right treatments for your needs.