Notices

Tensing up

Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tensing up

i dont know if this has to do with my past history of having used nicotine and alcohol .But i notice sometimes when im driving the muscles in my leg tense up when switching from gas to break .and i seem to figit .like i noticed today on the ride home from work .it was like i couldnt sit still .i used to be able to sit still.It comes in sessions .So it doesnt last long but it happens usually in the morning and evening .i used to smoke cigg's in the morning on the ride into work .and on the ride home .sometimes after smoking my legs for some reason would feel achy .now im quick to muscle stiffness in my thigh and legs .Does this have anything to do with my past addictions
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't really know. I would talk to my doctor about it though if it's endangering your driving or making you uncomfortable.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hmm ok
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ressurectJ View Post
i dont know if this has to do with my past history of having used nicotine and alcohol .But i notice sometimes when im driving the muscles in my leg tense up when switching from gas to break .and i seem to figit .like i noticed today on the ride home from work .it was like i couldnt sit still .i used to be able to sit still.It comes in sessions .So it doesnt last long but it happens usually in the morning and evening .i used to smoke cigg's in the morning on the ride into work .and on the ride home .sometimes after smoking my legs for some reason would feel achy .now im quick to muscle stiffness in my thigh and legs .Does this have anything to do with my past addictions
It is a good idea to get that checked out of course...just to be safe.

If you've ever watched Seinfeld you may remember Kramer having the "Jimmy legs"...which is exactly what I call that sensation you have.

It's like you are restless and your legs cramp and it's miserable. I get it a lot at night.

Thing is though, I used to get it a lot when I would drink a lot so I always thought it was related to potassium depletion (happens when you drink + pee your potassium out of your body) but who knows.

I've found exercise and a lot of water help a LOT in how often I deal with this Jimmy Leg syndrome though....

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been trying to figure that out too. I've never smoked, but was a bad drinker. I quit 10 months ago. When I drive I don't feel calm. My legs get fidgety, my arms shake as they hold on to the steering wheel. I start to gulp a lot and start getting the panic all over me. I hate and just wish I could drive normal like I use to. I just started taking Prozac, so I hope it helps out.