Notices

Anxiety Question ??

Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Anxiety Question ??

I'm so frustrated right now. I said in a earlier thread, that I've had major panic and anxiety over this weekend. Of course I have up's and down's with anxiety and panic. They've been very light in the last month. Then this last Friday morning I went to a dentist appt. I freaked out and got myself so worked up. I had to leave early. It's now Sunday afternoon, and I'm still having trouble calming myself down.

I'm trying to figure out if maybe this hit a sincere in my head. Cause I can usually calm myself, but this weekend has been hell. I've had many panic attacks along with I can't sit still, I'm jumpy, stomach is in knots, no appetite, and I feel scared to do anything. It's like my muscles are all tensed up.

Can something stress me out that bad?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

????
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Sorry just now saw your thread.

I don't really have an answer to your question. Sometimes my anxiety seems to come out of nowhere so "could someone stress me out so bad", I don't know.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, bigguyslimm... I have had many incidents of panic attacks and anxiety that come out of nowhere and it takes me a few days to really calm down. It's normal for me, although it doesn't happen a lot. My family was just away for 5 days and I was home alone. I had a couple of panic attacks and today is the 3rd day they've been home and also the first day that I feel back to normal. It took 3 days for my body and mind to settle. Do you know what happened at the dentist? Or why you reacted that way?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've never had anything done at the dentist. When I went they where suppose to just give me an exam and a quote for my root canal. I was already feeling nervous and they talked me into a root canal. I was shaky and clammy, and then they numbed my mouth. It made me freak out. I was shaking uncontrollably and felt cold. It's weird after I left I stared to feel better, but then was worked up the rest of the weekend. Today's Wednesday and I just started feeling better.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Numbness. Like being inebriated. Probably hits the same brain receptors. Do you have a calming hobby?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, I listen to calming music and try reading. It works sometimes, but sometimes doesn't.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In short the answer to your question is yes. Stress and anxiety can have very profound effects on the body. If left to go unchecked they can progress to the point of making your life completely and totally miserable. There are several good stragegies for combating this type of thing. The first to consider is medical intervention since very often times excessive stress and anxiety can be symptoms of untreated depression. Visit your family doctor and have a sincere and earnest talk with them about what is going on. Another good tool in the arsenal against panic and anxiety is a good and regular exercise program. Exercise is a great way to burn off excess anxiety and is just a good thing for you all the way around. Another thing to do is find things to distract you from the racing thoughts that tend to accompany both panic and anxiety. Read a good book, engage in some type of relaxing hobby. Everything that has been mentioned in these posts are very good ideas. In the end we are all different and will respond to some things better than we do others. So you just may have to work with different combinations of things till you find the right one. I hope this can be of some kind of help to you.

Thanks, and good luck.
Nic