Notices

Anyone try?

Old 11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone try?

Hi, I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for a while. More from the anxiety, pretty much life long. I used to self medicate with alcohol until I lost the control of my drink, I am an alcoholic.
I am just wondering I was just prescribed Lexapro and abilify. Currently taking Buspar. Just wondering if anyone could share positive or negative experiences with one or all of the medications. I am still continuing with therapy which I like.

Mod's just looking for personal experience on what to expect and to see if these med's may have been helpful to others.
Thanks
Dean
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

My daughter takes Abilify in addition to 2 antidepressants. I didn't notice a change in her at all until she started with the abilify. Its really worked for her. Hope it does for you too!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Buspar helped my anxiety a lot, still does, and isn't addictive like the benzos.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply's been on the lexapro for 3 nights with the buspar. I know it can take up to 4 weeks for the full benefits of the med to work. But feel a little more anxious, I am hoping that it is just a temporary side affect. Cannot afford the abilify close to $700 for it.
Thanks
Dean
Old 11-07-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always have more anxiety when I first start an anti-depressant. It is probably a temporary side effect. Talk to your doctor if it doesn't go away in a couple of weeks.