Notices

jared

Old 03-19-2003, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

jared

Sorry to start a new thread so soon. I just wanted to leave the other one behind.
How are you doing?. Im really depressed and called my doc to see if he will let me push my wellbutrin up to 400 mgs a day. He probably wont. Also because of insurance that I now have at work I have to find another doctor. I think I will call Erics doctor and she who he suggests. the list is short.
I was going to drive to Austin this weekend but just cant afford it. I told Jared and he wasnt even bothered. He just said he was making me a birdhouse. I will fly the 6th to see him.
Thats all from here. Hope you and your family are well.
Sidney
Old 03-19-2003, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Sidney,

I went back on my prozac last night. I am feeling better all ready. It really helps me sleep.

Jared seems to have adjusted well. The 6th isn't too far away. I hope you like the new doctor you get. I'm changing insurance too and have to start all over. I was in the middle of minor tests and vacinations and all and it is all being changed without much notice. I waited two years for the doctor I wanted. I'm just a little ticked off about the whole thing.

I have been so stressed lately. I guess I really do need the prozac. Oh well, that's ok. I'm not against anything that helps me treat people better

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-19-2003, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prozak

Im wondering if prozak would help me.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prosac

Dont see a reply from you even though I was emailed that there was one.
Best to you. I feel really awful and am reaching out wherever I can, which is here.

Sidney
Old 03-19-2003, 11:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Sidney,

I saw you on and checked for a post and didn't find one and then you were gone. You must have still been posting. Sometimes when people post their name disappears for awhile and it just looks like they logged off. I'm sorry I missed you. Since going off the prozac I realized just how much I needed it. I could hardly even speak to anyone. You seemed like you hit the same mood when I did. Be patient with yourself. I don't think you realize just how much you've been through lately. Sometimes we are so used to dealing with crisis that we don't realize just how tough it is.

You've gone through some major changes lately. Give yourself some time.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-20-2003, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

MG

Hope you find something useful in the book. I found the information on the meds to make alot of sense. I cant remember what I wrote to you last night so forgive me if I repeat myself.
I decided not to drive to Austin. It just doesnt make any sense for one day, maybe if I was going to stay for awhile. I was afraid to tell Jared but all he said was "dont worry about it mommy, Im making you a birdhouse." It didnt seem to matter to him. We had phone therapy tonight. I think his therapist is very confusing to him. She confuses me. I need to talk to her. For the most part I like her but I want to make a few points.
My daughter just got home from school. Its 9:45pm. She works all day and goes to school at night. She reminds me of myself. Work your ass off and be married to a bum.
Hope all is well with you and your family
Love and Hugs, Paula
Old 03-20-2003, 09:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Work your ass off and be married to a bum. That gave me a laugh although it's not really funny. Jared sounds cute. I am working with a cute one who is 13. He is all over the place and violent at times, but tender hearted. I'm already attached and I hate that. It makes it hard when you have to leave. They are going to put him on lithium soon and I tried to fight it. I hate it when their personality goes flat. It just breaks my heart. They say it's not the lithium that does that and maybe it's not, but the combination of the meds changes who they are.

I know you know about all of this. I'm planning on opening my own facility by next year. I'm a little afraid, but I'm doing all of it anyway so I might as well do it on my own. My daughter is going to be my partner. I think we will run a good home. It's so political though. That's what surprised me the most about this business. It's all about money.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-20-2003, 09:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lithium

MG,
Lithium was one of the worst for Jared. They tried it first when he was seven. He became psychotic, before I knew what psychotic ment. He was seeing things and crying and all that. Later they tried it when he was aroung 10. Results were not good.
I didnt know you were going to open your own center.Let me know how that goes. You never know , maybe I could bring Jared and work for you. I definatly have more experience than I want.
I probably shouldnt call Gary a bum since we're working on his bipolar but he needs to work a little harder to get to see the doc. He took twice the amount of zoloft prescribed so he couldnt get a refil. It seemed to work for him so I told him to call his doc. They also have him on 2.5 of zyprexia at night which he has run out of but I have some left from when Jared was on it. He is young and trying and afraid and I should be proud of him for realizing that he has a problem. I just cant babysit him. He still cant get a job.
Another update from Paula.
You know its really hard having two names on line. Paula/Sidney, I cant even keep my silly names straight. Paula is my real one. but I forget when I get on different boards.

Last edited by sidney; 03-20-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I'll just keep calling you Sidney so I don't get confused. We all know around here that we don't mean what we say when we are venting so feel free to always vent.

I just ate chocolate ice cream and now I'm freezing.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-20-2003, 10:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ice cream

MG,
Hope you enjoyed your icecream. For me its a thing of the past . I havnt had milk or icecream in about 20 years as Im lactose intolerant. I just figure its that many less calories that I ingest. I do miss my frozen yogurt though.

Love and Laughter,
Sidney
Climb into bed and get warm. Im about to but I will have potatoe soup with me (homemade always)
Old 03-25-2003, 07:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

are you ok??

Just wondered how you were doing. Im getting along although my depression seems to be getting worse. I cant stop thinking about Jareds safety. I cant stop thinking about all these people Im supporting right now and am feeling bitter. (especially with my pay cut)
Hope you enjoyed your ice cream
Sidney
Old 03-25-2003, 08:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Sidney,

I know you must worry about Jared. The one thing I've noticed where I work is that there is always at least one staff that will advocate for the patients and say something if they see any kind of abuse.

How is Jared doing on the medication. Is his blood count ok?

I don't blame you for not wanting to support all those kids. I remember getting to that point where for once in my life I wanted to use my money some on myself. I did without for the kids for so many years that I thought it should be my turn. I'm finally getting to spend some money on myself except now it will be on dental work and retirement.

It just never ends.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-27-2003, 08:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Meds

MG,
Finally talked to my pdoc today. Talked him into letting me up my wellbutrin to 450mgs. This is the max. 4 in a 1000 will have a seizure at this dose. I told him if I didnt feel better I would just back down to the 300mgs where Im at. I wonder how that mixes with the wine. I dont give thought to seizures.
Jared is stagnet with the meds. No better no worse.
Hope your doing ok.
Blessings, Sidney
Old 03-27-2003, 09:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I looked for alcohol and welbutrin interactions and couldn't find much.

Here's a link I found.

http://www.medhelp.org/NIHlib/GF-166.html

http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Alcohol.html

I hope it makes you feel better. I'm taking 5mg of prozac every other day. I'm sure the dose isn't even at a therapeutic level, but it works for me.

Hugs,
MG

Schizophrenia

http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Schizophrenia.html

Old 03-29-2003, 11:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

meds

I dont care about the meds anymore. I dont think that is the answer for me. Hope you had a good weekend.
Sindey
Old 04-05-2003, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hope your ok

MG,
Hope your doing ok and the prozac is helping you. Havnt heard from you in a while.
I was supposed to visit Jared this weekend but they cancelled the trip. Had to cancell my flight and everything. Wont go into the grisley details.
Hope all is ok with you,
Sidney
Old 04-05-2003, 07:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

2nd try to post

MG,
Somehow my last post didnt work. Just wondered how you were doing. Hows it going with the prozac?
Thanks for the sites you posted.
Have been real sick with something. Sinus and respitory infection. taking 4 diffent meds.
Was supposed to visit Jared this weekend but his doctor cancelled it. Had to cancell my flight, hotel etc. Will spare you the details.
Hope all is ok with you and your family.
How is work.
Blessings, Sidney