Notices

Since I sobered up

Old 11-03-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

It's F-ing boring and I have a gazillion dollars in drafting tools. Life just doesn't go like that.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

huh?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hottwingeatter, I can identify with your first post. I was one of the more popular kids at my school. Sophmore year I was friends with all the seniors and about 6 kids and I were the only younger kids that partied with them. I was deffinatly the biggest party kid in school, biggest dealer, and the one that could out drink or out smoke anyone at the party. I partied every single night of the week from the end of freshmen year until the end of march of junior year when I got clean. Whether it was a school night or not we were either smoking and drinking with just a few of us or at a huge ripper. There was allways something to do, because all we did was party. I got arrested as a juvenile on fellony drug charges got a good lawyer and the case took until april to come to pre-trail. 2 weeks before my pre trial, after selling a couple bags 2 friends and I decided to go for a bone cruise in a neighboring town and ended up getting pulled over, the stop and search was completly illegal and the case was dismissed, but 3 days after the arrest I decided to stop smoking and drinking. I knew I had to I knew I was going to get a conintuence with out finding on the first case with probation and i knew if I failed drug tests I was going to jail. I stoped cold turkey after smoking over a QP a week and drinking everyday. My friends would invite me to parties all the time which i declined to go. They dont ask me to go much anymore because they know my stance on it. Im still friends with everyone I was before with a couple exceptions for good reason, but yeah there are times when there isnt much to do. Up until 2 months ago I was lifting for 3-4 hours at a time 2-3 times a day. I ended up tearing ligaments in my shoulders and cant lift until surgery, but now I focus on school constantly, Im making the high honor role and life is good. I know its gotta be boring sometimes but it sucks but it's a hell of a lot better than being addicted, making bad decisions and being a failure. It's a good thing that your drinking buddies arn't asking you to go out.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

(((Jared))),
Just wanted to let you know...

I also got sober at the end of my junior year in high school. It's hard, but possible. I also focused on working out, sports, and actually applying myself and getting good grades. Additionally, I attended at least 5 meetings a week.

There was one other student and 2 teachers that would talk to me after I got out of rehab. I think everyone else was afraid that they were going to catch my "ism". I kept telling myself that I wasn't planning on hanging out with these people anyway; the people in AA were my friends and the kids at school's opinion of me really didn't matter.

Keep up the good work Jared.
Jen