Notices

Relating to Don W. post...

Old 09-21-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Relating to Don W. post...

I wanted to post this in relation to Don W. post earlier.

The last time I drank was while I was on the phone with my sister. I was alone with the kids and got hammered. I had a black out. Imagine, how dangerous that could have been for me and my kids. (hence why I have to stop for my health!!) So anyway, my sister didn't call me for 5 days. I have been sober 6 with today. I finally called today and told her all I'd been going through via her voice mail. Told her about you guys, told her I was quitting, I am a binge drinker. I am not having withdrawls so maybe I caught it in time. I have the crying and that is it so far that I've noticed. I told her I loved her, I was sorry if I said anything wrong but I just can't remember.

Well, she called back and we talked and talked. We cried together. She said it was horrible because she just couldn't come and see if we were ok. She lives out of state. So, she was so helpless and didn't think I'd know I had a problem. WE all know we have a problem but do we ever want to admit to it? So I told her I knew I did. I was stopping because I don't want to die in my own illness. I can't live my life this way anymore. I don't want to hurt my body and my mind like that anymore. I don't want to hurt the people around me anymore. Even though my husband is a drinker, my binging hurts him too.

So damit. That is why I am here. I HAVE to quit. I am glad I have made the choice to quit and I am committed. I am hurting right now because of the call with my sister. I was so afraid she wasn't going to talk to me anymore but maybe I needed that fear. Maybe it will help me to keep my commitment.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share that with you guys. I hope you won't think I am nuts. Take care and stay sober you guys.

Not a drink in 6 days
Old 09-21-2005, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Nuts? Either we all are, or we all aren't!

Congrats on the 6 days, don't give up.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

I sure hope I'm nuts... Or not...
Otherwise, I'm in trouble for hangin' out here

Feeling a little pain now is a good thing, in the long run.
Yeah, don't give up.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BRAVO!!!! keep up the great work!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Yea...I usto black out all the time,horrible feeling, not remembering.6 days is great.I hope you can rest easy,knowing you did the right thing today.Thats how we do,one day at a time.
Bless, Trish
Old 09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work. Your's is a perfect example of how we can assume another's thoughts or actions. We use this to extend the suffering. Even if we find out the person is upset, the fear of the unknown hurts more. By talking like you did, you plant a seed of hope. I'm really proud of you. Don W
Old 09-21-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Unhappy

I used to say I suffered from Black Cord Fever when drunk.

I called my ex in France in a blackout...I pledged $250 to Public Radio Ordered often from QVC

The most hurtful was calling my Mom early am... before she left for church.

"How are you doing""
"The same as I was 45 minutes ago!" Slam

It's grand to mo longer do those things!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Carol, Do I ever remember the stupid phone calls I made. I'd think I was calling my brother and my mother would answer. This would upset her. My brother passed awy a few years back. one of his girls, my neice, bought the house. A few months ago we were all at my mother's. I told her I'd give her a call. I asked the number. She said, I have my father's old number, you must remember that. He was a favorite drunk call. Don w
Old 09-22-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am on day 6 too. Congratulations!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats 4Health & Amber on Day 6!!!!
Keep up the good work......
Old 09-22-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

that's wonderful to read...congratulations on your strength. i think most of us can relat totally!!

can i give you a piece of advice...in time...these episodes ALL pale in the face of drinking again..only normally mind you!! you might do it a few times..i did!!!
my advice...from bitter experience...go to AA amongst so many other things - I am also a binge3 drinker - it keeps that horror fresh..otherwise, you will most probably justify just trying to drink normally again...as mad as that may sound now..l hope you will try and find a program of recovery ... AA is the best one ~I know.

Love
Cathy31
x