Notices

Lesbian and alchoholic

Old 11-10-2001, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
darkone

Unhappy Lesbian and alchoholic

I'm new here. Wondered if there are any other gay women here to help with my recovery. I'm sick of being sick and lonely with my drinking. Dark

Old 11-10-2001, 11:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Welcome to the family Dark. Stick around awhile and help us put the fun back in dysfunctional...

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...
Old 11-11-2001, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey darkone.....

Welcome to the site!!!! and welcome to the wonderful world of recovery....

My name is Noelle and I'm just another sober dkye (although an 'old' one) living in Houston, TX; been sober for a few 24's, so e-mail me if you want.......this program really does work, if we work it...

Noelle :coo:
Old 11-11-2001, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
darkone

Unhappy

Thanks for the reply. I want to make this work in here. Never did good in groups. My insurance has been screwed up for a year so I haven't been in the counseling I was in before. I'm the type of drinker that goes for days or a week or two. But when I drink I can never have one. For some reason my counselor always thought I could do controlled drinking. It hasn't been so controlled lately. Am tired of wasting days being depressed and hung over. I've dropped quite a few friends this past year because many werent' good for me.
My best friend is going through a depression himself so hasn't been calling me. I don't have much family. Parents are dead. Find myself very alone these days. Outside looking in again. Today I will spend the day getting my house in order. Thanx much again, Dar

Old 08-09-2002, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Well, its been a few months since you last posted and I hope you have found a way to get/stay sober...It's really hard, sometimes, for us to be gay and alcoholic!! I had insurance and yet I was able to find a wonderful therapist who I have been seeing for almost three years, so I know that you will find one that will really see you for who you are...I wasn't sober when I first started seeing my therapist. It wasn't until six months later that I finally got there...So hang in there, just remember that ther is always someone to watch over you and guide you on your way... I wish you well and godspeed...Janner 5-28-02
Old 08-10-2002, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Just saw this thread. Jon here, an alcoholic who happens to be a gay man AND very happy. Some of my best friends are sober dykes, so I know it's possible for a lesbian to get sober! LOL .

I live just outside of Raleigh/Cary/Garner of North Carolina with my "new" partner and coming up on chip 20 next month.

I've started back to Alanon too, at the strong suggestion of my AA sponsor. Nothing like a live-in intimate relationship/partnership/marriage (whatever) to bring out my character defects. (I'd been contentedly single for 9+ years) You know, it seems I don't have any when I'm by myself!!! LOL

Hugs to all GLBT folk here in recovery. It works if/when we work it!!!!

Jon:p
Old 10-16-2005, 11:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Any one here?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Yes, Patience. Whats up?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No more hostages

???
Old 10-17-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stick around a while. I am sure there is someone here you could identify with. Even so, we here all have seen the face of alcoholism and all speak a similar language of recovery.....
Old 10-17-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

FYI the first post is a few years old. May want to start a new thread Patience. We're glad your here.