Notices

Pray of the day

Old 03-10-2002, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pray of the day

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may not expect complete understanding from others. I pray that I may expect understanding only from God, as I try to grow more like Him.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Angel:

What a wonderful prayer. I agree with you in prayer. For you, and for me.

I have found that we gain wisdom through a constant process of growing. First, we must trust and honor God. Second, we must realize the the Bible reveals God's wisdom to us. Third, we must make a life long series of right choices. Fourth, when we make sinful or mistaken choices, we must learn from our errors and recover. People don't develop all aspects of wisdom at once. For example, some people have more insight than discretion; others have more knowledge than common sense. But we can pray for all aspects of wisdom and take the steps to develop them in our lives.

I am also learning the wisdom is both a God-given gift and the fruit of an energetic search. Wisdom's starting point is God and His revealed Word, the source of "knowledge and understanding" In that sense, it is His gift to us. But He gives it only to those who earnestly seek it. The pathway to wisdom is strenuous. When we are on it, we discover that true wisdom is God's and that we cannot create it by our own efforts. But because God's wisdom is hidden from the rebellious and foolish, it takes effort to find it and use it.

I am also finding that discretion is discernment, the ability to tell right from wrong. It enables the believer to detect evil motives in people. With practice it helps us evaluate courses of acton and consequences. For some I am finding this is a gift; for most it is developed by using God's truth to make wise choices day by day. The Book of Hebrews Chapter 5 verse 14 emphasizes that we must discipline ourselves in order to have discretion.

God Bless you this day Angel. Your post are always such a blessing to people.

------------------
The storms of our life prove the strength of our anchor.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Redeemed

I never thought but it that way. Thank-you too. For replying on the todays pray. Thank-you again.

SAngelfive
Old 03-16-2002, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy

Angel,
Thanks for a wonderful prayer that was just what I needed to hear this week. I continue to expect understanding from people who are unable or unwilling to give it to me---and then I feel hurt. It's good to be reminded that God will give us what we need, unfortunately, I still want others to understand and care, and grieve when people let me down. Any advice for me?
mjfaulk
Old 03-16-2002, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi SAngelFive, Thanks for the prayer. It helped me at a difficult moment to keep things simple. I read in a phamplet the Chaplain gave me " The path we follow may be dark but, we only have to ask God to light it a couple steps at a time." Love Don
Old 03-16-2002, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Mjfaulk and Don W

I am glad you like the pray I also need that pray too. Sometimes we really don't know that people are there for us we just have to ask I did and someone on this site is going to help me with some stuff I am going though. I thought the same way but in this area we just need to keep asking and helps appears out of no where. So just keep praying and if you need help just ask.GOD BLESS

SAngelfive