Notices

Hi. I'm a newbie and on day 3

Old 05-20-2005, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hi. I'm a newbie and on day 3

Hi everyone. I made the decision to stop 3 days ago. I've always liked a drink, but since having 2 kids a few years ago, I deveoped an anxiety disorder and drank to cope with that. I didn't realise I was making it worse until too late.

For the past 3/4 years I have drank up to around 16 units day, and am now going cold turkey (on the advice of a Doctor.) I'm not doing too bad but can really empathise with people who say "what will I do now?"
Old 05-20-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Crongrat on day 3!!! That is great, and keep in mind, it will get easier. You have made a giant step just admitting you need help. Coming here to SR is a great thing. I feel so fortunate to have found this site. Wonderul people who share great help.. Please keep posting, and like I said before, great job on day 3!!! Love, Becky
Old 05-20-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello and Welcome!

Congratulations! SR is a great support and full of information.

Do stay around...read the post and ask questions.

And What now? I use AA as my recovery method.
It is easier to stay quit with F2F support.

Blessings to you and your family..
Old 05-20-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((NewLife))))))))))
I used to wonder how I would fill my time if I ever quit drinking. Today there is not enough time in the day as I have found the Joy of Living.

Welcome to SR and I ditto what Carol has said.

3 Legacy
Old 05-20-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi new life, congratulations on your 3 days, sobriety is the best thing i ever did, it was either that or god knows what! I've been clean for 3 and a half years now and am 29.
i cannot picture life today with a drink or a drug, my life got fuller, has more meaning and the friendships i have with people in and out of AA, men and women, are amazing. plus i can dance sober and not give a t*ss what other people think, freedom is what i've been given!
x
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congrats on day 3 and welcome to a new life full of beauty. life is so much better without a drink. we can actually keep a clear mind and process the simple pleasures that we would have otherwise missed out on.

i'm glad you're here! stick around and keep posting!
Old 05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Michael

New Life,

Welcome to the site and well done for three days sobriety. Whatever you do, don't worry about what you are going to do with yourself. After all your name says it all. You ar entering into a brand new life and you can do what you want with it. One of the greatest blessings of sobriety for me is that I have so much more time and I am determined to fill that time with living life to the full. I no longer put things off or find excuses for not doing things. As soon as anyone suggests doing anything I am there like a shot.
In AA they regularly say that your life will change beyond recognition and for the better. It has for me and it will for you.
Very best wishes
Michael
Old 05-20-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery and congrats on day 3.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi NewLife, A big welcome to SR. And a well done for the 3 days. You'll find that you'll feel better and better. Just be ready, withdrawal can be tuff, you just need to be
tuffer. Don W
Old 05-20-2005, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Congrats to you on day 3! Hang in there and follow doctors orders. We'll be here along the way.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Hey you rock.
Being sober is soooo much better.

Keep reaching out!
Tanya
:e08h
Old 05-20-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey New Life, How are you doing? I found the first 7 to 14 days almost unbearable at times. I couldn't think about feeling that bad drinking. I mentioned many times that if this was recovery forget it. Just hang in and remember recovery is a process. If you walk 5 miles into the woods, you need to walk 5 mile out. Myself? It was more like 25 miles. The good news is there comes a point that you start to enjoy the walk. For the first time you'll start to look at the world in color. You'll notice the trees, the flowers, that were just in your way before. Don W
Old 05-20-2005, 09:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Glad that you made it for three days, just for today my thoughts will be on my recovery living and enjoying life without the use.....................KEEP COMING BACK IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT SO WORK IT YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, just found my original post. However, looking back, I doubt it was 3 days sober. More like 3 days not quite as drunk. Anyway, nearing the end of day 1 with no drinking at all.
Fingers crossed this time x