Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

4 months sober and now I have a sugar craving?????

Notices

4 months sober and now I have a sugar craving?????

Old 09-27-2001, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fitnessfreek2001

Post 4 months sober and now I have a sugar craving?????

Does anyone have any advice or information regarding the sugar craving that seems to come with giving up the booze. I'm gaining weight and eating too much sugar and drinking too much diet pop. I know I need to get a handle on this before it becomes a bigger problem (or I become a bigger person). I gave up wine, booze, valium and sleeping pills and life is so much better than ever before. I teach group fitness so I know to exercise and eat right, it's just that I never had this kind of a problem before. Do you think there is a connection between alcohlism and hyperglocemia or some other connection????? I used to crave wine at certain times of the day, then the cravings got more often. Any thoughts????

Old 10-08-2001, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pschanne

Sugar Craving makes total sense because alcohol is made from sugar that is fermented. It's actually a common practice. Being the junky that I am, I've learned that I have had to give up eating refined sugar myself. The cravings have been bad at times, but as I continue in my sugar abstinence it gets easier with time.
I did gain a lot of weight over the past year when I wasn't working my program too well. I find that when I work my program I loose the weight and keep it off. For the past 4 months I've been improving my spiritual program and that helps with cravings and obsessions of all types.

ANyway, the craving is natural. BUt work decide for yourself if it's overwhelming or not. Some people find that it subsides with time. I wasn't one of those.

Good luck

------------------
peace and love
pschanne

Old 10-08-2001, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Yup,

Sugar, sugar, sugar.........all dem li'll cells craving for sugar.....

Oh, and btw..........pschanne, you said, "...alcohol is made from sugar that is fermented." This is not true.....alcohol is made from grains that are fermented, but upon taking alcohol into the body....the body chemestry changes it into sugar....

Noelle