Notices

I have a blog detailing my attempt @ sobriety

Old 05-19-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a blog detailing my attempt @ sobriety

I will update it daily. I encourage you to read it and comment when you can. Hopefully this helps me as well as others.

http://beatingthebottle.blogspot.com/

Kendall
Old 05-19-2005, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kendall,
I read your blog and I can really relate to much of what you're saying. I will continue to read your daily entries. Keep at 'em and trying going to an AA meeting everyday (as you alluded in your blog). I find that it really helps me, especially in the early stages of recovery. It is very very very difficult to fight this addiction alone. Take care.

Wade
Old 05-19-2005, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok, Kendall, I've got you bookmarked. You're a great writer and this should be a help to lots of people. I think keeping a journal is an excellent thing to do early in sobriety. It's generous of you to do it publicly this way.
Thanks,
Don S
Old 05-19-2005, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

Keep on going forward.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Keep up the good fight Kendall!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Kendall!!

Kendall

Wow -
Thanks for the blog. I am very interested to follow your recovery. We have a lot in common. I too have known I was an alcoholic for some time, but have been able to hide it. I have been successful in my job (sales) and make a good living. But, like you, I knew that I was headed in a very dangerous direction, and if I did not change my behavior that I would not be around to watch my kids grow up. I drank everynight for years and also could function quite well with a hangover.....but this disease is progressive, and it was getting worse for me. I started to feel the physical and emotional effects of years of drinking (I was a wreck on the inside and fighting to keep it all together on the outside) I finally decided that I had had enough. I now have over 100 days of sobriety -

So, here we are. I wish you great success in your new found sobriety. Good luck!!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support all. Writing down my thoughts seems to help put things in perspective for me. It helps me define what sobriety is all about, which is one day at a time. If I can reflect on my thoughts daily, it keeps things grounded for me. Sometimes I get blinded by the long term goals of sobriety (i.e. where I would like to be in a year), that I forget if I don't take care of today, next year is pointless.

Kendall

http://beatingthebottle.blogspot.com/
Old 05-22-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kendall,
I've been keeping up with your blog. Congrat's on making five days. Re: the higher power stuff, don't worry about it too much right now. Just try to keep an open mind. Basically, the "concept" is about getting yourself out of your own head (which I'm sure you can relate to wanting to do!).
Also, I've found that, for myself, I always feel better after going to an AA meeting even when I didn't really want to go. After awhile you'll start to 'want' to go to them just for the peace of mind they provide (if you find good meetings and ones that you like).
Keep at 'em!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Kendall.... love your 'blog. As others have said, we have a lot in common.. I guess that's the nature of this horrible addiction.. it's nice not to feel alone.
We're the same age (36) .. I am heartened to hear your liver feels better after 5 days.. I hope mine will soon too. I hate not being able to sleep on my right side.

Keep at it.. I'm right here with you (cyberspeakingly).

Sincerely,
Darragh
Old 05-23-2005, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Kendall,
Thanks for sharing your story. There are many of us going through this with you. Stay strong!

Kathy
Old 05-23-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Darragh,

Thanks for the note. Yes, the liver will get get easier to sleep on. My kidneys still suck, but the liver seems to be getting better.

Anyway, will update tomorrow the blog more. I have a movie to head to that I just got invited to. Since I would normally blow things like this off because they don't serve vodka while a drunk, I am going to attend and get back into things socially.

Talk to you...
Old 06-01-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Kendall??

Kendall

Still out there? Hope you're doing ok.