Notices

Whats the hold up? come on already...

Old 05-08-2005, 05:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Patrickk
I made a decision not to drink today.Cant speak about tomorrow because it is so far away.
Bingo man!
You win.
How you feelin'?
Old 05-08-2005, 05:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Michael

Well done Patrick, you have given yourself the greatest gift, a life worth living. It isn't going to be easy but it is going to be worth it.
Best wishes
Michael
Old 05-08-2005, 09:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That is just great, Patrick!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

Good for you Patrick. You made the right choice. With making that decision, everyone wins. Keep it one day at a time.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Chy

One day at a time! Glad you have mad a choice for this 24 hours Patrick.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I wish I could just promise the world I am done but Ive said that so many times before even I know not to take me seriously.Days half over,I feel good,and I will be sober for the rest of today.Again,I cant even look towards tomorrow as its so many hours away, plus I dont want to spoil this day worrying about the "dreaded" tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Michael

Tomorrow ansd yesterday are foreign countries. You can do nothing about either of them. Let today take care of itself and stay focussed on the positive. Live your life in sobriety in the now, don't worry about anything else.
Good luck
Michael
Old 05-08-2005, 07:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great decision, buddy -- hope it worked in your favor today...

Ken
Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

HI Patrickk...

Well I sure won't tell you to just stop.. (smile).. The normal thing for an alcoholic (if you are one) is to drink... Stopping requires a whole bunch of "want to" and willingness to get into action.. Also - we have to be at a place where we are really ready to go to any lengths.. Heck, no one knows where the other persons bottom is at..

This disease is progressive.. Often times we keep drinking until we reach a point where we simply cannot stop.. Its an addiction. It gets ahold of us good.. (smile).. Its called cunning, baffling and powerful.. Sounds like you are seeing that.

One thing I do know is that if your alcoholic there are only 3 ways out of this deal.. Get locked up, get covered up or get sobered up... Now of course there is the journey down to the abyss before you get to one or more of those places..

Been there.. way down.. (smile).. got locked up several times, nearly covered up a couple of times and finally sobered up..

I cannot tell you what to do or how to do it.. I can only share my own experience..

I got to AA meetings.. I got the Big Book (alcoholics anonymous).. I read it from the beginning thru Chapter 1.. At that point I realized I definately fit. I was an alcoholic.. Chapter 2 is titled "There Is A Solution".. I wanted to know the solution - so started reading again..

I became willing to go to any lengths. I started taking the suggestions from those who had what I wanted.. They told me I had to do what they did. Go to meetings, read the book, get a sponsor and start working the steps..

So, when you become willing to go to any lengths and you want what we have.. then I pass on what was told to me.. You have to do what we do.. No easier, softer way. No thinking we are special, different or unique...

You never have to drink again or feel this way again..

My best to you..
Linda C.
"Nothing changes if nothing changes"