Notices

WILL POWER GOING

Old 01-31-2002, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FUNCTIONINGALKIE

Unhappy WILL POWER GOING

I am losing the battle I have been drinking every night and I use to just drink on weekends.I get up in the morning and say I will not drink tonight however by the end of the day I am tired from work and weak on my will to not drink.I do not get staggering drunk I just get mellow but I know it has control over me now I know I must get my self control and will power back and it is up to me but anyone who can reply do so thanks

------------------

Old 01-31-2002, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
padmagg

Hi functioninalike,

I'm somewhat in your boat, although I don't drink every night. I am like you in that I don't get "staggering" drunk (hardly ever), but do drink enough on weekends usually that it bothers me. And at times I wake up feeling like @#$*!. I'm trying to get control. SOme weeks I have it, others I don't.

I also have a problem in that I use the alcohol to take away some pain and depression...from various sources (my relationship, stress from family, job, etc...the usual stuff, nothing like abuse or some horrible childhood). However, I am realizing that by drinking, I am letting the stress in my life control me, and not taking care of me. So, I'm working on it.
One thing I've been trying to do is cut down how much I drink on one particular night, i.e. three beers instead of 5 or 6. This has beeen somwhat successful if I keep telling myself while I'm drinking those couple drinks, "only 2" or "only 3"....I can usually stop there. But, not always.

So, then I think perhaps I need to not have that first one....as so many recovering people would say. Although, I'm not so sure that I believe that I need to *never* have a drink again in my life. I'm not sure if that's how you feel, but it's how I feel.

Hangin' in there with you,
padmagg

Old 01-31-2002, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FUNCTIONINGALKIE

Thanks I do feel the same way I am forty-six and in good shape work hard.I will try and start cutting down some especially during the week.I thank you for your comments.

------------------