Notices

Who has Woe? Who Has Sorrow?

Old 01-11-2002, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Who has Woe? Who Has Sorrow?

Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine. Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things. You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging. "They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt! They beat me, but I don't feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?" Proverbs 23:29-35

Thought I'd share this... I remember the first time I read it... Spoke to my heart.. Never knew God had something like this to say about alcoholism..
Old 01-11-2002, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dummy

Funny you write that, I have recently read that in a book called Serenity, I,m sure you probably seen it Roven Rev. It says a companion for the 12 steps. I was amazed how much of the bible seemed to be like the steps. It is really an interesting book.

Old 01-11-2002, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep...As we speak...my copy of "Serenity" is right next to this computer...God Bless "D"