Notices

The new years eve crash bash.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new life

The new years eve crash bash.

Well I Had 70 days sober, until new years eve.. and started the new year with a 10 day, record setting "booze-a-thon". I finally got back on track
(day #2 ). What a mess! I knew well in advance, before I took that first 'just one ' shot of bourbon, how I would wind up.
My Q?: are the withdraws as strong as the original quit, like starting all over again?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Mikee,

Y Put Your Self Thru It Again? The Results R Always Going To B The Same
Been A Long Time Since I Had A Hangover. I Do Remember My Last Drunk I Don't Ever Want To Go Back Out There. I'll Go To Meetings Everyday The Rest Of My Life Before They Lock Me Up In A Drunk Tank Again.
Don't Trick Your Self. Go To A Meeting Tonight. Have You Got A Sponser. You Don't Have To Pi$$ Your Life Away
My Life Is So Good I Want To Share It. Wouldn't You Rather Wake Up Then Come To??

Q. Y Did You Go Back Out? Do You Still Have Something To Prove?
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Hey mikee.
Welcome back!
The withdrawal will be what it will be. A ten day bender is still a ten day bender, even after a couple months without drinking.
Main thing is that you're gearing up and getting back on track.
Gonna be a few uncomfortable days ahead I imagine, and maybe even some of that special kind of sweat.
So you needed another lesson. Join the club eh!
What are you going to do differently this time around, is what you should focus on.
Glad you made it back man.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mikee:
Congratulations on Day 2. Glad you made it back so quickly. Sad to say, but many often do not. I'm glad to see you are able to laugh a bit about the "just one" shot of bourbon. Laughing at myself and with others became a great tool for me when I decided to stick around in A.A. and let others do the experimentations for me. :friday:

As for your withdrawls this time through............ :shrug: Let me know cuz I have no idea. However, I have seen that relapse itself becomes rather addictive for many folks. Some even fall into a honeymoon cycle of being hugged and mollycoddled when they keep going out and coming back in. I sure hope you don't choose that route.

My couple questions would be.......
Have I had enough yet? :blackeye: What am I willing to do to assure it does not happen again?

((((((((Mikee))))))))) keeping you in thoughts & prayers,
3 Legacy
Old 01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Mike - Glad you made it back too. I recall you're not in AA (or I think I remember that), but if you're looking for support now I've got a couple of suggestions.

http://www.postoakclub.com/ (the Post Oak Club - holds a half dozen meetings a day - I try make their Tuesday evening "Beginners" meeting whenever I can).

http://www.sbmc-aa.org/index.html (Spring Branch Club).

I'm at the Post Oak Club a couple days a week. I can recommend other good meetings in Houston as well if you're interested.

Welcome back,
Joe
Old 01-14-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
new life

I will have to take this recovery more seriously, b/c I know it is a life saving tool,
as in the movie (28days) "Insanity is repeating the same behavior, over and over
again, and expecting different results
".....yes in deed!
Bless you all!
mikee.